• Page:

TOPIC: contact with court order

contact with court order 2 weeks 6 days ago #104912

• onz
  • onz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a court order to see my 5 year old son every other weekend and every Wednesday. My Ex messaged yesterday to ask where I will be taking my son this evening, I assured her I will not be taking him to any public place but not sure yet as to where I will be taking him. Her Reply was.... Ok well unless you can confirm that you will take him to either yours or your mums then I’m not happy to send him on Wednesdays at the moment whilst this is going on. As yet I have not replied to her demand as I am not sure which house I am taking him to as this will depend on the traffic as I only have him for 2.5 hours. My Question is Can she stop my contact because I haven't told her where I will take him? There is nothing in the court order to say I have to tell her and tbh I am fed up of her trying to control my time with my son. I do appreciate the issue with the coronavirus and that is why I assured her I would not take him to any public place. She is basically going to use the virus as an excuse to try and stop contact. Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

contact with court order 2 weeks 6 days ago #104917

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1708
Strictly speaking, no she can't, once the child is on your care, then she can only object if there are safeguarding issues, and that's where we are in uncharted territory.

My personal advice is that, for the duration of this outbreak, I would actually comply with her demands, but once it's over, she can't then have the same power. It also shows that you are putting the safety of your son first, in case it does go back to court.

contact with court order 2 weeks 5 days ago #104925

hi,

i had this issue today. its different as in my order it says i agree (left with no choice lol) to take kids to any after school activity thats arranged by mother midweek. she told me an activity is cancelled today due to virus outbreak. so i asked can i keep the kids for extra half hour and then i can give them dinner. was shocked when she agreed, as usually its a blunt NO to everything. 2.5 hours is too short. im doing school pick up 15:30-19:00 as per order. needed the extra time as its 30 min drive to my place and back.

how old is your court order? you should consider going back to court to get mid-week overnights, if your job is flexible enough and if you don't live too far.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes