• Page:

TOPIC: Summer holidays

Summer holidays 2 weeks 2 days ago #104919

I have a court order and part of it says I get half the summer holidays. We haven't sorted out when for this year. The ex has booked a holiday for ten days and then told me. She said I can pick any other 3 weeks I want. I dont have a problem with this except i think we should discuss what weeks we have before booking holidays.

During this discussion she told me that she is going to take 3 weeks on the trot in summer 2021, she is getting married (great news for me) and wants 3 weeks on the trot I'm guessing for the honeymoon and taking my boys. I'm not happy about going 3 weeks without seeing my boys.

If i go back to court will they allow her the 3 weeks or will they stick to 2. Also is it worth going to court on this.

Relations between us is very poor, after all the false allegations I want the minimum contact between us.

Am I being unreasonable in stating 2 weeks max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Summer holidays 2 weeks 2 days ago #104920

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1708
my personal opinion is that this is a one off event next year, and that if you went to court, you may well lose. I think you'd be better agreeing to it on condition that she gives you the same in return.

Summer holidays 2 weeks 2 days ago #104923

hi,

generally during the holidays, your ex's time should not cut into your time and make you lose weekends with your kids. i agree with actd that its not worth going to court, if this is a one off. you could ask your ex that you should be allowed to do the same to make up for it, and if she can allow regular phone contact for you and your kids while they are away.

my order says we have to give eachother 8 weeks notice for holidays here or abroad.

Summer holidays 2 weeks 1 day ago #104976

Thanks for that

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes