Pretty new on this but was wondering if someone could help me out.
Ive been trying to have access to my daughter (3 years old) since June last year.
The mum seems to be using every trick in the book to delay and stop any unsupervised access. The problem is ive been sticking to the truth which means she can predict what my next move is going to be.
In January, courts ordered a section 7 which in its conclusions said I can take my daughter in to the community once contact is re-established. We just had a case in front of the magistrates. As the contact centers around here are now closed, my barrister and Cafcass both proposed the I should be able to take her out but for a reduced time, which would then increase in line with the recommendation from the report. My wifes solicitor countered this with having 2 facetime calls a week...and thats what the magistrates agreed with and put a new court date in the calendar at the end of June in front of magistrates again.
I have no confidence in the magistrates, i think if this was placed in front of a judge they would have been able to make a decision rather than kicking the can down the road and just delaying the whole processes.
Is there a way i can get the next hearing in front of a judge rather then going through magistrates again?
Apologies for the part rant part question..still really frustrated in how insignificant the courts consider the dads!
i am very surprised that magistrates did not go with the cafcass recommendation. from what i heard and read, is that we can't ask for a judge. last year my S7 report was out in time for 2nd hearing. ex and her lawyer wasted time and didnt agree to anything, so it went to a 3rd/final hearing. and with all this virus outbreak, our next hearing may even be postponed! try and hang in there. you will get there in the end and have your child staying at your house on weekends