• Page:

TOPIC: virus

virus 2 weeks 2 days ago #104989

hi anyone had their contact stopped due to this virus. i think it so wrong that a mother can use this as an excuse. dont get me wrong this virus is bad but to then say they isolating for 12 weeks as they high risk and stoping contact is discusting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

virus 2 weeks 2 days ago #104990

hi,

yes its very sad. has not happened to me yet, but could. expecting to see kids next friday.

virus 2 weeks 1 day ago #105004

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1708
I'm sure it will happen more. Furthermore, if you are going through legal proceedings, I would consider the impact if the other party decides to self isolate for 12 weeks - I doubt the court would penalise for a no-show.

virus 2 weeks 1 day ago #105011

• Ldad
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Forgive if I'm wrong with this, which I could be but from my understanding of the situation no contact should be stopped and no child should be self isolating for 12 weeks.

If the parent is high risk i.e pregnant, vulnerable etc then they will be isolating for 12 weeks but the child should still be fine to go to the non resident parents taking into consideration that the child nor neither parent have experienced any symptoms.

If the child experiences symptoms they should isolate for 14 days (as they will be living with others) but after that again contact should take place?

And taking into consideration that the non resident parent is taking precautions as in not taking the child out for non essential travel I don't really see why contact should be refused even if the parent is classified as a high risk.

On the other hand, if you were classified as high risk would you risk anything for your own safety?

Difficult but personally, with no symptoms etc I don't think contact should be refused.

Good luck

virus 2 weeks 1 day ago #105013

Bill337 wrote: hi,

yes its very sad. has not happened to me yet, but could. expecting to see kids next friday.

oh well. i got message from ex, that they dont want to take risk and children are in isolation at home. no visits until further notice. asked cafcass lady for help. she basically said that if mother is worried, then can keep kids home, but expects i get phone contact at the least.

sent ex this guidance info from cafcass site. hopeing she would see reason: www.cafcass.gov.uk/grown-ups/parents-and...ildren-and-families/

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes