TOPIC: Coronavirus and child arrangement orders

Coronavirus and child arrangement orders 2 weeks 2 days ago #104991

• Pdorset
  • Pdorset's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
I have a child arrangement order in place with shared custody of my daughter.

One would hope that in the vast majority of cases people will now, more than ever, put their put their efforts into co-parenting effectively. Those with arrangements already in place will hopefully find ways through the chaos to meet their children’s needs using the framework of the agreements already in place.

I had a call saying that my daughter would not be allowed to see me on the date and the dates going forward due to other party's stating that travelling is a risk ( IT'S NOT AS IT'S A PRIVATE CAR IE MY CAR)

Also due to my family being grandparents over a age that could be at risk.

They have not said about Easter or any other dates about seeing my daughter even though a court order is in place.

Cafcass online has update on this issue stating the following advice with court orders

(Unless there are justified medical/self-isolation issues – or some future nationally issued
guidance or expectation associated with leaving the house in your area – children should
also maintain their usual routine of spending time with each of their parents. If there is a
Child Arrangements Order in place this should be complied with unless to do so would put
your child, or others at risk. This will help your child to feel a sense of consistency, whilst
also reassuring them that the parent they don't always live with is safe and healthy)

(This is not being complaid with at all they are making excuses and also not facetime myself so I can speak to my daughter so my question if anyone can help is.)

1 Shall I wait a week or two to see if the days I should have my child will be cancelled.

2 Shall I make a prohibited steps order or make a court application for the other side to comply with the order as the other party has broken the court contact order and get the courts to sort the matter out.

Am missing my child so lot am heartbroken as I see my child regularly but with the issue in this situation around the country am in limbo as to make a application to the court.

Thanks

My question to anyone that can help is that if the child arrangement order is not being comply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coronavirus and child arrangement orders 2 weeks 2 days ago #104992

hi,

this is very sad and ridiculous. i live with mum, and my family said if kids are sick, then don't bring them over, as could put mum at risk. thats a fair point and I agree with that.

i would advise against making a court application over this. they may reject it or push it to a date months away. its a long shot but if you still have contact details of your cafcass officer, you can try writing to her and ask her to get in touch with your ex, to encourage contact with your child.

she is being very unreasonable about not letting you take kids in your car. you could try contact her again and re-assure her that kids will stay indoors at your place. you could also make her aware about the latest cafcass guidance. Tell her this virus issue could last for several months, maybe a year or more, and it would not make sense for you to not see your child in all of that time.

Coronavirus and child arrangement orders 2 weeks 1 day ago #105000

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill337

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes