TOPIC: CAFCASS and PSO

CAFCASS and PSO 2 weeks 1 day ago #105015

• anonabu
  • anonabu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on any forum so please excuse me if not following protocol :S

I am looking for some advice/guidance on a issue i am currently dealing with at the moment in relation to my 3 year old son.

Myself and my wife separated last year after and we both have PR.

Due allegations of harm made by our Son against my wife's new partner amongst a number of other concerns and following involvement from Child Services and the Police I requested an urgent hearing which included a PSO.

In the Court hearing the PSO was granted in my favour and allows the Mother supervised contact only and since then i have received details of the FHDRA to be held in July.

In the PSO hearing it became apparent that the Mother applied to another Court which was to be held a few days later (at this point i was not aware) and the Judge asked the Mother (the respondent) to cancel that hearing as it would be dealt with the Court we were having the PSO hearing.

I have had the first call with CAFCASS this morning which i think went fine.

This afternoon i received a letter via email from the Mother's counsel asking that i return our Son as per our mutual agreement and that they were seeking an Interim Contact Order. It also appears from the letter that the hearing in the other jursidiction which should have been cancelled was not and that allegedly the QC ordered that the hearing are consolidated.

I have received a copy of the PSO which states strict instructions that the Mother does not remove our Son my care and is only permitted superivsed contact.

As far as I am aware PSO cannot be overturned and will remain in place until the FHDRA and quite confused as to whether the Mother's counsel is aware of the PSO as it is not mentioned.

Is anyone able to help with what i should be doing and whether i should be prepping for a Interim Contact hearing?

Thank you so much in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CAFCASS and PSO 2 weeks 22 hours ago #105024

hi,

you should reply to mothers lawyer, and send the PS0/court paperwork to show current arrangements, and inform her lawyer that this PSO stays in place until the FHDRA in July. if they want to make mutual arrangement, its up to you. if you disagree, then make it clear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes