TOPIC: Breach of Undertakings advice

Breach of Undertakings advice 1 week 6 days ago #105100

• RDogg
  • RDogg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi.
Contact order has been in place for a year and a half, accompanied by Undertakings by both me and my ex not to denigrate each other via email or to other people. We were both Litigants in Person as both teachers and can't afford legal representation!

But my ex has for that time been sending messages that frequently include comments that I personally count as denigrating, but I never really knew what to do about it or if the courts would she it as petty if I took the situation beck to court because my feelings were a bit bruised.

I had enough now though! I've been accused of putting my children at risk of contracting CV19 but going to work (which I had to do during the school openings, as directed by the government), and that I was previosuly negligent causing my son to contract pneumonia which (I'm sure many of you with difficult ex's recognise) is completely false and extremely hurtful.

So, what do I do? How do I alert the courts? We are currently in the middle of new proceedings initiated by her to ask for the courts permission to relocate.... Grateful for any advice (I have asked for advice from the excellent Child Law Advice charity, but don't know how long they'll take)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Breach of Undertakings advice 1 week 6 days ago #105101

hi,

i would advise not to open a new court application, as there is existing one. you can bring up these allegations in court. its hard not to get affected by it. most of us on here had and still facing this nonsense while going through courts. allegations are mere allegations, until the accuser has solid evidence to prove it.

im going through courts right now. i wouldnt be surprised if ex mentions something like im putting kids at risk of virus because i have been asking to take kids to my house as per court order schedule lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDogg

Breach of Undertakings advice 1 week 6 days ago #105108

• RDogg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
But is it a new application, or is it purely alerting the court as part of the ongoing proceedings? I appreciate the advice to not make more trouble for myself, but another part of me feels like saying "If she is going to relentlessly hound me in contradiction of the courts, then I need to alert the courts."

Does anyone have any experience of having made this application... think it might be called "Part 18".

Breach of Undertakings advice 1 week 6 days ago #105109

• RDogg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
PS. How do I edit the original post... I didn't proof read it :}

Breach of Undertakings advice 1 week 6 days ago #105118

• RDogg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Follow up:

Just Heard back from the excellent Child Law Advice charity, and they have echoed exactly what was said by Bill337.

I will do as advised ;)

Keep up the good work!!

Breach of Undertakings advice 1 week 5 days ago #105134

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1708

RDogg wrote: PS. How do I edit the original post... I didn't proof read it :}

There should be an edit button at the bottom of each post (your own posts only, obviously) :)

Breach of Undertakings advice 1 week 5 days ago #105135

RDogg wrote: Follow up:

Just Heard back from the excellent Child Law Advice charity, and they have echoed exactly what was said by Bill337.

I will do as advised ;)

Keep up the good work!!

thanks. maybe i should become a lawyer :p

Last Edit: by Bill337.

Breach of Undertakings advice 1 week 5 days ago #105151

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1708

Bill337 wrote:
thanks. maybe i should become a lawyer :p

That's a long course - but you could become a McKenzie's friend a fair bit quicker. Seriously :)

Last Edit: by actd.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes