• Page:

TOPIC: Dispute resolution? Advice please??

Dispute resolution? Advice please?? 3 months 1 week ago #105307

• AL1986
  • AL1986's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi guys, I’ve posted on here a couple of times before.
Long story, but in short I have a young daughter who’s mum has issues with alcohol. This has been going on for over a year and in October last year I started court proceedings. Had an urgent hearing and first hearing. Dispute resolution hearing supposed to be in may but cafcass have stated it’ll most likely be this month due to report being completed quicker.

Anyway, mum is under a drug and alcohol service, numerous visits to GP latest in December, to ask for help. Mum states she only had a drink problem for 5 months after her relationship breakdown with her partner after me, I know this is a lie as she visited the GP in January last year! She has drunk drove with her and even had her mother remove my daughter from her home because she was “hammered”.

Obviously now CAFCASS are not meeting me, my interview was done by phone last week and they won’t be coming to mine or her home to see us with child. My court hearing will be over the phone. How does this work in relation to all my evidence?! My copy of txt messages etc?

Also they’ve said they can no longer do the alcohol testing as labs are focusing on covid-19. So how do I prove it?!

And the school is closed so how will they talk with them?
Also will they speak with her GP or should I ask them to?

I’m so worried now because of lack of evidence, no visit to homes etc that she will maintain her 70% residency and my daughter will be at risk.

I know this is new to everyone but I’m a nervous wreck today

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dispute resolution? Advice please?? 3 months 1 week ago #105319

Your ex will definitely be keeping residency so if you got 30% try and get it to around 43% ( 12 nights) . This would actually be higher if you include all the holidays where you get half . Or you could try 50/50 shared care although i think chances are very slim unless ex partner agrees. If you do get the 1st one i mentioned you would have a much better chance if your ex carries on in same manner to work towards full custody in the end

Dispute resolution? Advice please?? 3 months 1 week ago #105320

• AL1986
  • AL1986's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thankyou. How is this allowed to happen though? There is a child at risk, with sufficient evidence she has a drinking problem? Surely she should not be able to choose what I have?!

It seems bizarre

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes