• Page:

TOPIC: Section 7 report filed late.

Section 7 report filed late. 1 month 2 weeks ago #105558

• Mich
  • Mich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
A section 7 by the LA was ordered in January by the judge at the first hearing in a contact arrangements order. This had to be filed to the court and both parties on 31st March. On that day the Sw asked for an extension. Initially the judge had said no but was asked to reconsider so an extension was given to 15th April. The report was not filed today. We finally managed to Speak with the Sw Who said it wasnt ready, she didnt know when it would be ready and even when it is the manager has to oversee it and then it needs posting out. The next court date is next week. How can we respond when we dont know what the reccomendations are. My son has not seen or heard from his son now for 5 months, he used to see him a few times a week and facetime most days. the Sw was told in the court order that interim contact was at her discretion. she states that as the mother is primary carer it is her decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Mich.

Section 7 report filed late. 1 month 2 weeks ago #105559

hi,

thats very silly. i would chase them every day. it does not need posting out, they can email it. cafcass emailed mine to me, now giving me 2 and a half weeks to write a response and send to court.

Section 7 report filed late. 1 month 2 weeks ago #105562

Absolute shambles. Social worker cant be arsed and has no intention of doing anything before your court hearing. She will make her excuses . She is right in that it is down to mum to allow confact. Also i feel magistrates should of tried to force interim contact. Only thing you do need to do is remain calm and dont lose it. This corona virus is throwing a right spanner in works and social worker probs is under a lot of pressure.

It seems sw is taking easy way out and waiting for this hearing to make excuses on day.

Section 7 report filed late. 1 month 3 days ago #105961

• Mich
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
DRA went ahead via telephone . My son asked for more time as he felt 1 and a half hours a fortnight was not in his son's best interest. He stated that there were things in the report that were inaccurate . He asked for 2 hours a week for a month to progress to 3 hours , then 6 . He offered me his mum as the 3rd party to supervise and stated that his ex could choose the venue . He kept calm during her outbursts as she shouted out list and he wasn't going to see their son . Also shouted that I could not be the 3rd party . Her solicitor and the magistrate had to tell her approximately 3 times to be quiet. Her solicitor has challenged the recommendations and asked for a contested hearing . The SW spoke and stood behind her recommendations but to be reviewed in 6 months . There is a directions hearing h via phone next week . What will my son need to say at this please and what can we expect . Thank you

Section 7 report filed late. 1 month 3 days ago #105964

hi,

can you remind what the s7 report recommended. was it just 1 and a half hours contact every 2 weeks, review in 6 months?

so ex solicitor is getting a contested hearing, and that will happen next week?

Section 7 report filed late. 1 month 3 days ago #105971

• Mich
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Yes thats what the sw recommended as she believes that he has only met his son a handful of times. My son said he had been seeing his son regularly until he put the order in november. But his ex shouted out that he had not seen his son since The july. We can prove otherwise. It is a directions hearing next week, so yes how does my son prepare please

Section 7 report filed late. 1 month 3 days ago #105972

Typical solicitor deliberately delaying proceedings. Social workers recommendations will stand and thats what is likely to be ordered at a contested final hearing. 6 months time contact will be increased according to social workers recommendations. I would at directions hearing again be pushing for interim contact if they are wanting a final contested hearing

Section 7 report filed late. 1 month 3 days ago #105974

• Mich
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Its strange because the report is totally biased and inaccurate in so many ways. Voicing many concerns. Lots of domestic abuse allegations. The ex doesnt want any contact to happen. Yet the sw has states in the report that they wont be facilitating contact and,are withdrawing after the court case. So how do we progress in 6 months if there is no sw monitoring.

Section 7 report filed late. 1 month 3 days ago #105975

I would ask for 2 hours rather than 1 1/2 hours. Family courts will expect contact to be slowly built up. If there is no progress then they would expect you to attempt mediation before submitting another court application. It sounds like child is very young . If under 2 generally you dont get much contact in most cases

Section 7 report filed late. 3 weeks 5 days ago #106176

• Mich
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
If false allegations have been made in a sec 7 report by the respondent mother , do you defend these in the sec 7 response and say this didn't happen . An example .My son phones the police on several occasions after being assaulted ,photos taken etc but nfa ever taken . The court ordered for outstanding police safeguarding checks as the mother did not do a cafcass interview . SW got the police logs and questioned the mother . Every accusation she flips round as if she was the victim so the report states police were called, domestic incident mother denies she has abused the applicant and then does a scenario of what she says happened .

Section 7 report filed late. 3 weeks 5 days ago #106177

when i did my s7 response, i had limit of 5 pages. you should be selective in what you respond to. main thing is to respond to what the cafcass officer recommended about child contact, and whether you agree or not. if you don't agree, then state a better proposal for court. if allegations are dumb and petty, don't waste time writing about it. what we write has to be child-focused, and whats in their best interests.

Section 7 report filed late. 3 weeks 5 days ago #106182

Its best to fully concentrate on getting contact. Don't worry about whats in s7 report. if magistrates have an issue about anything they would ask you anyway. Its about getting contact and building it up quickly. I would be pushing for contact weekly and it to be 2 hours. you could argue 1 and a half hours a week isn't enough time and contact every 2 weeks is too far apart as child is young and it would be beneficial for contact to be more frequent. 6 months later 2 hours could then be changed to 6 hours weekly hopefully with a phased plan working towards overnight contact

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes