• Page:

TOPIC: Court order not want my children want

Court order not want my children want 8 months 3 weeks ago #105820

If you carry on fighting with ex you could lose out in long run. You have every weekend with your children. I would say you are better off than her. She could very easily at a later date variate order so you only had every other weekend and she will get it. You would probably after she done that end up with 10 nights as you would have changes made. However will never be as good as you got it now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Court order not want my children want 8 months 3 weeks ago #105821

Harry Potter wrote: Hi

Appreciate the comments re the long game and believe me it is me standing on the doorstep telling my son he needs to go with his mum and let me sort things out not for him to do that.

I don’t tell him he shouldn’t go. And yes I’m sure my ex out of spite will find some way to use this, after all she just lied her way through court, at her own cost!

hi Harry,

i think court is the easy part. the hardest part is working together with your ex to make things work. i just got out of court and ex still repeating same rubbish from last years hearing, that i am not bathing the kids or putting cream on them. not feeding them properly, blah, blah. it will never stop.

if you want to spend more time with your kids, i think you should wait till they are older, and can go to school by themselves. then you can look at increasing nights they spend with you.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or trained professional. I am not in a position to give legal advice. Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

Court order not want my children want 8 months 3 weeks ago #105823

Bill, thank you and I agree actually making it work post court is the hard part.

I stand on the doorstep encouraging my children to go with their mum, on Good Friday they shut themselves in my garage as they didn’t want to go. My partner is here with her two boys and clearly my two want to spend time with her two. I certainly don’t spoil my children to like me or suggest they shouldn’t go with their mum. It’s hard to feel I am sending them away against their wishes at the time, especially when ex then tries to say I’m making it hard for them to go and veiled threats like “I won’t be discussing this directly with you” - not sure what that means.

I just want an easy life, my children to be happy and to have a voice. Not sure when the easy life bit arrives!

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes