TOPIC: Enforcement due to covid

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 1 day ago #106514

Bolting with the kids - use your judgement.

You're probably within your right, and the police/etc aren't likely to be involved.

But it's increased hostility and acrimony, and the courts/SWs won't look very favourably to it in the future.

It also seeds mistrust. Like I say above - the other party needs to learn what firmness and straightforwardness is - no games, no drama. It cuts both ways.

Complaints:

www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-c...complaints-procedure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 1 day ago #106515

That's our thoughts. She will definately be difficult upon return.
Yes schools open but she's not sending them.
Tells him this and how she cannot put a date on contact as nobody knows how long covid around for. So if not sage in September she won't be sending either.

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 1 day ago #106517

Response to complaints is 10 working days *eye rolls
I'd like to think they will start to process before then. You think it's still worth doing?

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 1 day ago #106520

maybe they will give hearing date in 2-3 months time. so probably no point in applying.

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 1 day ago #106529

I think it will sadly be a long time before a hearing. Wish he had applied with an urgent now. However I did read they don't class enforcement (due to breach) as urgent unless safeguarding issues.

P. S I've had the technical team change my username, I got paranoid my initials and the things written would be very obvious who it was if found by the subject in the threads.
I realised it was not a private forum and comes up alot when googling questions regarding the subjects in threads.

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 1 day ago #106539

i don't think i have come across a hearing where a judge has ordered normal contact to be re-instated in this covid-19 issue. so most likely you will be paying a court application, just for a judge to tell resident parent to allow video calls. similar happened during my variation hearing. they are happy if dad is getting video calls.

also when some schools open on June 1st, it is voluntary, so some resident parents will simply say they do not feel safe sending kids back to school, and could still use that as an excuse to prevent contact.

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 1 day ago #106543

Tbh this is in the back of our heads. But he has to try.

Especially as our household is furloughed still, no vulnerable or high risk. Just a normal household staying home and doing alot less than their household who has a party going to work throughout.
Just hope it falls on decent ears and common sense is applied. Since the government announced they can move homes aslong as all the above, I don't understand why daddy cannot prove he is safe to be with as much as mummy.
Pray they listen and reinstate, they've said each case different. But then I know how much of a let down family law is. :(
We consider covid to cotinue through at least the rest of 2020, even when most things back to normal if there will ever be a normal, she will still make own rules sadly.

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 1 day ago #106547

In my case, the ex is sending the kid to school

And she still refuses to allow contact "due to covid19".

We're having proceedings in the mean time anyway, i probed judge about this and his feedback...

"seems to me that it would be difficult for a court to enforce overenights due to covid19"

So yeah... courts are a joke sometimes

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 9 hours ago #106559

madness

Enforcement due to covid 2 weeks 6 hours ago #106560

Thanks for sharing.
Utter madness!
They've made it clear you can make an agreement together, to vary the order slightly to keep children safe that's called coparenting. There are also ways the children can still see a key worker mummy or daddy regularly with precautions.
Then you've got these narcisstic dictating parents that take it as an opportunity to grasp control again and do as they please!
Let's hope we get a magistrates in the uk with this attitude!!
Not taking an enforcement seriously will only give them a gateway to do it again in the future!

Enforcement due to covid 1 week 6 days ago #106564

Enforcement due to covid 1 week 6 days ago #106565

ex offered to let me see kids, outside there flat. for 30 minutes, supervised by brother lol. i said no, and prefer video call.

Moderators: Samantha Downes