TOPIC: Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106161

Bill337 wrote: its rare for men to get legal aid. if your ex is on benefits or very low income, then easy for her to get legal aid, and if she throws in some allegations about abuse/violence suffered at your hands.

I'm sure she'll throw all sorts of allegations into the mix, she'll do anything she can to hurt me after taking the boys to the police station. She takes pleasure in it.

Surely if she makes allegations, she has to have proof or evidence of this for it to be taken seriously?

Kind Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106164

allegations are always made in these court proceedings. its up to your ex to prove them. cafcass do police checks, and see if theres any case with local social services.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106165

Bill337 wrote: allegations are always made in these court proceedings. its up to your ex to prove them. cafcass do police checks, and see if theres any case with local social services.

So if there is no evidence to suggest this and these are just allegations, I have nothing to worry about?

It's likely I may just live like a pauper and get representation. I don't want to be backed up against the ropes, when the real issue is the kids wellbeing, safety, and my access issues.

I don't want it to be a mud-slinging contest

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106166

you made serious allegations. she will probably sling mud with nonsense, like kids are not fed properly when they are with you. you will find out at next hearing.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106167

It takes two to make it a mud - slinging contest. you made an application , but you are a litigant. the more accusations you throw at your ex the more you will get returned and she will be hoping some of it sticks.

Police and social services have closed their cases , unfortunately so will you now if you want to see children loads. when theres mud slinging , find a fact hearing are nearly always ordered. there doesn't have to be any proof or evidence always to have findings made against you.

You don't need representation if you get advice on forums etc. representation can sometimes be needed towards end especially to get final results you are hoping for contact wise.

how old are your kid/kids and what contact was you having before your recent court application

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106184

warwickshire1 wrote: It takes two to make it a mud - slinging contest. you made an application , but you are a litigant. the more accusations you throw at your ex the more you will get returned and she will be hoping some of it sticks.

Police and social services have closed their cases , unfortunately so will you now if you want to see children loads. when theres mud slinging , find a fact hearing are nearly always ordered. there doesn't have to be any proof or evidence always to have findings made against you.

You don't need representation if you get advice on forums etc. representation can sometimes be needed towards end especially to get final results you are hoping for contact wise.

how old are your kid/kids and what contact was you having before your recent court application

My children are 6 and 8 (8 year old has autism).

I was picking them up every second weekend on Friday after they finished school, and taking them back on the Sunday afternoon. I was also sharing them on school holidays, so if kids were off for 2-weeks I would have them one week, her the other.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106185

I am so confused right now. If anyone can give me assistance.

I have been writing a position statement for the hearing. Reading point 2 of what has been ordered, it says the applicant shall send to the courts and the respondent electronically a witness statement identifying my wellness concerns.

Does that mean I need to email a copy of this to my ex by the date set.

Also, what's the difference between a witness and position statement. My head is ruined :(

Anyone got any examples of a witness statement in relation to what I'm asking?

Kind Regards and Many Thanks

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106190

hi,

witness statement is similar to position statement, but more detailed and factual.

theres a template you can use here:

childlawadvice.org.uk/witness-statements/

look up your family court which is dealing with your application. you should be able to find their email address on their site. i can look it up for you if you give me court address.

you would need to email your witness statement to the courts email address, and to your ex by the deadline stated in your court papers. if she has a solicitor/barrister, then email it to them.

Last Edit: by Bill337.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106191

Bill337 wrote: hi,

witness statement is similar to position statement, but more detailed and factual.

theres a template you can use here:

look up your family court which is dealing with your application. you should be able to find their email address on their site. i can look it up for you if you give me court address.

you would need to email your witness statement to the courts email address, and to your ex by the deadline stated in your court papers. if she has a solicitor/barrister, then email it to them.

Thank you Bill

I have the email details. I'm just finishing off my witness statement. Do I need to include a position statement? And in relation to exhibits used in my statement, do I need to send copies of these to my ex/her boyfriend as well as the statement?

Kind Regards

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106194

hi,

if the court paper only says submit a witness statement, then just do that. does court paper say how many pages your witness statement should be, is there a limit?

with exhibits, include with witness statement and sent to court and ex.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106195

Bill337 wrote: hi,

if the court paper only says submit a witness statement, then just do that. does court paper say how many pages your witness statement should be, is there a limit?

with exhibits, include with witness statement and sent to court and ex.

Thank you Bill.

In relation to exhibits, screenshots of evidence/conversations, do I need to exhibit each part into its own exhibit, or can I use Exhibit 1, Part 1, part 2, etc. Do each piece need its own exhibit number?

Kind Regards

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106196

check section on exhibits at bottom:

Moderators: Samantha Downes