TOPIC: Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 2 months 2 days ago #106197

Bill337 wrote: check section on exhibits at bottom:

childlawadvice.org.uk/witness-statements/

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

This is a new thing to me, it's a minefield!

I used a template but court says no longer than 8 pages, so I need to create a template and edit it into the required page count.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 2 months 2 days ago #106202

Are you still seeing your children as we speak? not much will happen at your 1st hearing. as for filing no more than 8 pages, sorry to say family courts only interested in bullet points and key points. 8 pages is too much and they will end up not paying attention to it. sounds harsh but its about children and sorting contact out. if u feel wronged write pages and pages about kids and ask for close to 50-50 instead :).

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 2 months 2 days ago #106203

warwickshire1 wrote: Are you still seeing your children as we speak? not much will happen at your 1st hearing. as for filing no more than 8 pages, sorry to say family courts only interested in bullet points and key points. 8 pages is too much and they will end up not paying attention to it. sounds harsh but its about children and sorting contact out. if u feel wronged write pages and pages about kids and ask for close to 50-50 instead :).

I am not currently, not by my own choice.

I have stuck to the facts in my witness statement, providing exhibits to assist each point. Anything I know about and have no evidence for, I haven't bothered putting in.

Everything within it relates to my children. I'm not interested in a mud-slinging match with her.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106336

How did it go in the end? I think your hearing was scheduled for 14 May.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106347

Leader1978 wrote: How did it go in the end? I think your hearing was scheduled for 14 May.

Not quite sure, CAFCASS is involved and will be investigating allegations. She had until 4 pm on the 12th to submit a response to me. They did to the court, but not to me. The Judge made it clear and said he understands that I'm not at a disadvantage, but I'm still waiting for a copy...

Obviously allegations have been made against me during this, as expected. All relating to the allegations that both my kids made against her partner of sexual assault/abuse. It's the first time I've heard any of this since I haven't seen them since November.

Waiting for medical records to come back to see if I can get legal aid (if some criteria is met), but looks like I will need to get a loan and get a solicitor to act for me.

Looks like a fact-finding hearing is going to take place. It sucks that doing the right thing as a parent can have such dire consequences, but I would do the same thing every single time.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106348

hi, do not use a solicitor. too expensive.

hire a barrister for each hearing. can find on direct access portal:

www.directaccessportal.co.uk/search/1/barrister

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106349

Where serious allegations are made, sometimes the report is withheld until the conclusion of the investigation.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106354

Are these much cheaper?

How much roughly should I expect one to cost for a 1-2hr session?

Will they speak for me and litigate/ask tough questions etc?

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106355

use the forum for any advice. You don't need a solicitor at this stage unless you like throwing thousands down drain. every email/phone call costs money ..every bit of prepping cost hundreds and representing you at hearings 4 figures. You will not get legal aid. at moment you stay calm and when cafcass ring you be calm and just talk about children for whole duration. when asked why ex alleges what she is say she doesn't want children to have a loving relationship with their father. I just want to see our children and imagine they are missing their daddy

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106356

some dads hired barrister for £500 per hearing. they draft documents for you, speak on your behalf. hearings i had were listed for 1 or 2 hour duration, but end up being half or full day.

Last Edit: by Bill337.

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106357

you could share on here , but block your name and person details out some of things that were said at 1st hearing or ordered possibly. I imagine a s7 report been done and no contact been given until next hearing which happens fairly often. there may not be a find a fact hearing. you want to avoid one really as more un necessary expense. they tend to be ordered a lot more if both parties are throwing allegations. you best to let her do mud slinging and you defend yourself only if required too. a sentence as simple as not factual and I believe it is said out of malice is often enough to say if asked a response. if she wants to make allegations and it is only her throwing allegations she needs to provide evidence.
if your child old enough theres lots of different ways of dismissing her allegations without magistrates calling her a liar. they when not convinced simply reward dads with more contact in end

Applied For a C100 + C1A, Advice Needed 1 month 3 weeks ago #106359

Hi Warwick

I will do, although I still don't have a copy of what allegations they submitted to the court, not from the court or from the two respondents.

Social services didn't even send a report in by the deadline ordered and it gave the Judge little to work with at the hearing.

The judge stated himself during the hearing that I'm at a disadvantage, but no idea how this is going to reflect on proceedings going forward.

All I can say is I feel a little lost, that they can submit things officially without following procedure or order, but still manage to gain an upper hand even at the first hearing. Makes me feel sad to be honest

Moderators: Samantha Downes