TOPIC: First Phone Hearing

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #107972

your ex solicitor cant push for a fact finding at a later date if family courts arent requesting one. when is your court hearing today? I think you may need representation at later hearings to stamp out ex solicitor trying to take advantage that you are a litigant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #107978

  • antdad
  • antdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 192
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi guys,

I think the hearing went well!

Judge looked at the table of allegations and basically said that he didn't understand how anything alleged would have any impact on contact with my son. Solicitor pushed for a fact finding hearing but the judge ruled a section 7 would be the way forward.

He also said he wanted me to have indirect contact until contact centres open soon, between now and the section 7 being completed so we could rebuild the relationship.

We was asked to complete a separated parents course and take an undertaking not to contact each other going forward unless it was regarding contact for my son, this was done in NMO form. PSO was granted but she had already moved, judge will ask Cafcass to assess if this was a bad move for my son.

Waiting for the order to come through as ex solicitor was asked to write it and could have made "mistakes". My solicitor said to make sure it says "supported" contact centre and not "supervised" contact centre as there is no welfare issues from last report.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #107979

  • antdad
  • antdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 192
  • Thank you received: 3
My posts keep coming up as spam and wont post!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #107980

  • actd
  • actd's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 11395
  • Thank you received: 1769
Very occasionally, the forum takes exception to certain words. If you still can't post it, send it to me in a message and I'll see if I can get it through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #107981

  • antdad
  • antdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 192
  • Thank you received: 3

actd wrote: Very occasionally, the forum takes exception to certain words. If you still can't post it, send it to me in a message and I'll see if I can get it through.


It worked in the end, didn't realise it had posted above my post saying it didn't work!

Thanks though!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #107982

hi,

that's good. fact finding nonsense not happening :)
so with indirect contact, you will get phone/video calls?

so soon cafcass will invite you for an interview, while doing s7 report. how long has it been now since you have not seen your child?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or trained professional. I am not in a position to give legal advice. Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #107983

  • antdad
  • antdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 192
  • Thank you received: 3

Bill337 wrote: hi,

that's good. fact finding nonsense not happening :)
so with indirect contact, you will get phone/video calls?

so soon cafcass will invite you for an interview, while doing s7 report. how long has it been now since you have not seen your child?


Yep, they said video calls until contact centres reopen over the next few weeks then we can both attend there. Judge asked me to set up contact centre and ask her solicitor to sort out video contact moving forward. Contact centre is supported and not supervised as well.

I've just got to wait to receive the order which her solicitor is typing up to make sure its accurate.

Can they appeal against the judges decision and still request a fact finding?

I haven't seen him in 3 years now so I'm very nervous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #107985

They wont be appealing . its a section 7 report and contact to be built up slowly. you only in a contact centre as not seen child for 3 years thats all. what a nasty solicitor your ex has got ..not child focused at all and trying to drag it out even longer by trying to get a fact finding hearing. you dont want one of them as it will be of no help at all .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #108057

  • antdad
  • antdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 192
  • Thank you received: 3
Tried to contact ex solicitor as advised to set up video contact but as usual no response! Everything always has to be such a battle!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #108064

ant_cro wrote: Hi guys,

I think the hearing went well!

Judge looked at the table of allegations and basically said that he didn't understand how anything alleged would have any impact on contact with my son. Solicitor pushed for a fact finding hearing but the judge ruled a section 7 would be the way forward.

He also said he wanted me to have indirect contact until contact centres open soon, between now and the section 7 being completed so we could rebuild the relationship.

We was asked to complete a separated parents course and take an undertaking not to contact each other going forward unless it was regarding contact for my son, this was done in NMO form. PSO was granted but she had already moved, judge will ask Cafcass to assess if this was a bad move for my son.

Waiting for the order to come through as ex solicitor was asked to write it and could have made "mistakes". My solicitor said to make sure it says "supported" contact centre and not "supervised" contact centre as there is no welfare issues from last report.


Hey

did you both make table of allegations against eachother, or was you just responding to her allegations?

Did you ask in court for interim contact to start straight away or the judge asked you to organise it with her solicitor?

Just wondering why the judge could not have enforced some sort of contact there and then especially if you havent seen them for 3 years.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #108070

ant_cro wrote: Tried to contact ex solicitor as advised to set up video contact but as usual no response! Everything always has to be such a battle!


hi,

did you email them? check your junk folder incase it ended up in there. also phone their office. if being ignored, make a complaint. if still ignored, after 8 weeks you can report them to SRA (solicitors regulation authority).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or trained professional. I am not in a position to give legal advice. Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

First Phone Hearing 6 months 1 week ago #108071

  • antdad
  • antdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 192
  • Thank you received: 3

liarliarpantsonfire wrote:

ant_cro wrote: Hi guys,

I think the hearing went well!

Judge looked at the table of allegations and basically said that he didn't understand how anything alleged would have any impact on contact with my son. Solicitor pushed for a fact finding hearing but the judge ruled a section 7 would be the way forward.

He also said he wanted me to have indirect contact until contact centres open soon, between now and the section 7 being completed so we could rebuild the relationship.

We was asked to complete a separated parents course and take an undertaking not to contact each other going forward unless it was regarding contact for my son, this was done in NMO form. PSO was granted but she had already moved, judge will ask Cafcass to assess if this was a bad move for my son.

Waiting for the order to come through as ex solicitor was asked to write it and could have made "mistakes". My solicitor said to make sure it says "supported" contact centre and not "supervised" contact centre as there is no welfare issues from last report.


Hey

did you both make table of allegations against eachother, or was you just responding to her allegations?

Did you ask in court for interim contact to start straight away or the judge asked you to organise it with her solicitor?

Just wondering why the judge could not have enforced some sort of contact there and then especially if you havent seen them for 3 years.

Thanks


Hiya,

I was just responding to get allegations on the table and with a counter statement.

It was on my position statement to have interim contact but the judge stated for me to sort out and arrange with her solicitor.

Does that make sense?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Samantha Downes