• Page:

TOPIC: Lockdown eased but contact still denied

Lockdown eased but contact still denied 3 weeks 1 day ago #108511

• Desh
  • Desh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Heartache and anxiety levels through the roof!
Since separation the ex has made every effort to prevent contact. I applied for shared custody. She filed c1a full of absurd and false allegations.
At FHDRA Court ordered fact finding hearing and professionally supervised contact in my home paid for by me so reports could be provided to Court as to my parenting ability and my toddler's bond with me. Straight after court she abandoned matrimonial home and with my lovely toddler moved 200 miles away to her grandparents. Her married sister plus children also live in the house. - 8 in total. She states she is shielding, but during my skype calls with my toddler, I have observed her mingling with the other people living in the house.
All my attempts to organize contact has been refused or ignored.
The government eased shielding in June and will be ending this set 31 July. She still refuses to provide contact.
Court has set hearing date for mid-sept. But without the reports I fear there will be more delays. This is her plan and the delays in the family court system seems to favour such people.
I'm a LIP, she only engages through a solicitor.

I'm struggling to know what else I can do to force her to comply with court order.

Would it be worth me contacting the cafcass officer who wrote the s2 report and asking her to contact ex although I did not find her fair and balanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lockdown eased but contact still denied 3 weeks 1 day ago #108518

hi,

so her move to grandparents home is permanent? because of such distance, am not sure what can be done about contact. you can contact her solicitor and ask to tell your ex to follow the court order. if nothing changes, all you can do is sit tight and have skype calls with child until your next hearing. tell court that child was abruptly moved 200 miles away to block contact.

Lockdown eased but contact still denied 3 weeks 1 day ago #108528

• Desh
  • Desh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The move is permanent though unlawful as done without my consent or Courts permission.

I have sent endless letters to her solicitor trying to organise contact to no available.

Is this an area where cafcass officer who did s2 report for FHDRA might be willing to intervene and contact mother and tell her to comply with contact order?
Would like to know ifany dad out there has got cafcass involved in this type of situation and the outcome.

Thank you.

Lockdown eased but contact still denied 3 weeks 1 day ago #108529

hi,

any time cafcass are doing a Section 7 report, i pester them and get them to talk to ex to resolve issues while hearings are going on. found them to be very helpful. you can try contact them if they only doing S2 letter. does the S2 letter mention anything about doing section 7 report?

Lockdown eased but contact still denied 3 weeks 21 hours ago #108532

Hi

Are you in contact with your ex?what has she said about the move and contact? Is there a 3rd party, maybe a mutual friend who can mediate? Are you able to meet half way to facilitate contact on an interim basis?

Also is anyone able to advise whether an ex can move 200 miles when a contact order is in place and what the solutions are? I'm guessing that she is allowed to move for reasonable reasons eg financial, emotional support from family, employment, care for her family etc etc...

Therefore is there anything a court can do? Or does poster need to consider relocation? Meeting halfway for contact or having to drive the 200 miles to pick kids up and back etc?

Thanks

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes