• Page:

TOPIC: Section 7 Report

Section 7 Report 6 days 2 hours ago #108692

• antdad
  • antdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Received my next court date today for October which is for the Section 7 report I'm waiting to be done.

What can expect from the Cafcass interview this time round? How different will it be to the first one I had with them at the beginning?

Should this be the final court date providing the report comes back recommending contact?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Section 7 Report 4 days 20 hours ago #108706

Hi,

Section 7 report will be crucial to what contact you will get with child. Cafcass will want to interview you. May last 30 mins- an hour. make sure you request as much contact you want e.g overnights every other weekend. Shared school holidays. Mid week contact? Also cover issue like taking child abroad on holiday.

Annoying part is they will expect you to respond to some allegations from your ex. Stay calm and focused on child and whats best for him.

If you had 1 hearing already, then S7 report will be out in time for 2nd hearing. Court will likely ask you to write response to report. Its possible it could he a final hearing on your next one. If theres major disagreements, it may go to 3rd and final hearing.

Section 7 Report 4 days 10 hours ago #108708

• antdad
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Bill337 wrote: Hi,

Section 7 report will be crucial to what contact you will get with child. Cafcass will want to interview you. May last 30 mins- an hour. make sure you request as much contact you want e.g overnights every other weekend. Shared school holidays. Mid week contact? Also cover issue like taking child abroad on holiday.

Annoying part is they will expect you to respond to some allegations from your ex. Stay calm and focused on child and whats best for him.

If you had 1 hearing already, then S7 report will be out in time for 2nd hearing. Court will likely ask you to write response to report. Its possible it could he a final hearing on your next one. If theres major disagreements, it may go to 3rd and final hearing.

Hi Bill, thanks for your reply.

Even though we've avoided a fact finding, she can still make allegations?

I've read a few times that Cafcass are only interested in the child so some allegations will just be seen as petty, how true this this?

Section 7 Report 2 days 22 hours ago #108754

• antdad
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Do you get a chance to raise any concerns? If so I have a few concerns and want to know if I should raise them or it could make things more difficult?

She's constantly whispering to him and telling him what to say in the video calls. From this I've managed to work out that all their stuff is in storage and my ex is living in a bedroom at her mum's with both kids all in the same bed. She gave her house up as part of her story for the courts. She's also told them she's moved out the area and he actually only lives 5 mins from my house. He always looks extremely tired and tells me how tired he feels.

Advice?

Section 7 Report 2 days 22 hours ago #108755

hi,

yes it's true cafcass are not really bothered about petty allegations. e.g. my ex lied & told them and court that I only gave her £20 a month, and that was to maintain her and the kids. cafcass did not even bother ask me to respond to that allegation. they asked me to respond to more serious stuff like aggression, anger issues, throwing objects around house etc

in my s7 report, it mentioned ex going on and on about how bad and abusive the marriage was because of me, but cafcass basically downplayed it and moved on. when ex wrote her response to s7, she was still crying that cafcass not taking her abusive marriage seriously :p cafcass wrote that acrimony, her hostility toward me, and her anxiety is having an effect on the kids.

Last Edit: by Bill337.

Section 7 Report 2 days 21 hours ago #108756

• antdad
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Bill337 wrote: hi,

yes it's true cafcass are not really bothered about petty allegations. e.g. my ex lied & told them and court that I only gave her £20 a month, and that was to maintain her and the kids. cafcass did not even bother ask me to respond to that allegation. they asked me to respond to more serious stuff like aggression, anger issues, throwing objects around house etc

in my s7 report, it mentioned ex going on and on about how bad and abusive the marriage was because of me, but cafcass basically downplayed it and moved on. when ex wrote her response to s7, she was still crying that cafcass not taking her abusive marriage seriously :p cafcass wrote that acrimony, her hostility toward me, and her anxiety is having an effect on the kids.

Yeah I see, this is what I was worried about,

I am concerned that he has no fixed home to live in though and wasn't sure if should raise this.

Section 7 Report 2 days 21 hours ago #108757

i think you should mention accommodation if it's no good for kids. i mentioned kids living in cramped overcrowded flat. cafcass just said it's not compelling reason to change court order that says kids live with mother. i asked for it to be kids live with both parents. was worth a try.

Section 7 Report 2 days 8 hours ago #108761

antdad wrote: Do you get a chance to raise any concerns? If so I have a few concerns and want to know if I should raise them or it could make things more difficult?

She's constantly whispering to him and telling him what to say in the video calls. From this I've managed to work out that all their stuff is in storage and my ex is living in a bedroom at her mum's with both kids all in the same bed. She gave her house up as part of her story for the courts. She's also told them she's moved out the area and he actually only lives 5 mins from my house. He always looks extremely tired and tells me how tired he feels.

Advice?

cafcass asked me if i have any concerns about mother e.g. mental health. they are only interested in serious issues like a mental health, violence, drink/drugs problem.

your ex sounds a bit similar to mine lol. epic fail on her part. she claimed to be homeless so council gave temporary accommodation in some bug-infested flat. don't know what happened to that. now for past year she has been staying at her mums, and sharing 1 bed room. madly overcrowded.

tell cafcass that there is no privacy with the video calls, so court can order that family members can not be present in the room when it takes place. happened in my case.

when your going to have your s7 interview, you should print out and complete this parenting plan from cafcass, will show that you are very child-focused. mention it in the interview:

www.cafcass.gov.uk/grown-ups/parents-and...tion/parenting-plan/

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes