• Page:

TOPIC: Access rights

Access rights 1 week 6 days ago #108698

My ex has withheld access several times depending on her mood. I have my children every other weekend and half of the school holidays as I am a teacher. If there are changes to be due to unforeseen circumstances (which are very few in the last seven years) she stops all contact until she gets what she wants or her mood improves. It’s exhausting. I have been to mediation before and it doesn’t change anything. I have a new job now which means I cannot guarantee to share the holiday access and I know if I have to make changes my contact will be removed yet again. She is demanding a court order now to force the shared care which is impossible. I have said I can commit to every other weekend, and an additional two weeks over the rest of the year as this minimises contact with her nasty and abusive behaviour and worries about her removing contact. Does anyone know if a court can impose 50/50 access? I am concerned as I will not be available to care for them if I am working. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Access rights 1 week 6 days ago #108699

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1734
A court wouldn't impose 50/50 if you aren't asking for it as well. Likewise, the can put in when contact should take place, but that is an order when she has to make your children available, it doesn't compel you to have them at those times, though you do want to make sure that you do have them as much as possible in those times, so you need realistic contact times in the order that you can stick to. THe advantage of this all for you is that if she stops contact, she is in breach of the order, so I would say you are in a good situation if she's after an order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes