TOPIC: Children of Divorce

Children of Divorce 1 month 1 week ago #109632

• Daddyup
  • Daddyup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Hi all

I'm sure you have all seen this and have shared on here before however I came across this 2 min video and it helped me to take a step back and look at why I'm doing what I'm doing and why it is important to put the children first and the main focus for any resolutions and outcomes.

It's powerful and emotional.

Thanks

Daddyup
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill337

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Children of Divorce 1 month 1 week ago #109633

hi,

have never seen this. thanks. my 7 year old daughter is already connecting the dots as to why she and mum don't live here any more, without any input from me. she said she tells mum to say sorry to me, so they can all move back :)

heres another useful vid:

Children of Divorce 1 month 1 week ago #109638

• Daddyup
  • Daddyup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Thanks Bill. Useful. I guess we have to believe that similar videos are shared on forums for mums etc..

Children of Divorce 2 weeks 4 days ago #110040

Hi
Thanks for that. It is a heartbreaking video and my kids are only 3 and 4, not sure how they can express anything. My wife is refusing any further contact apart from a few hours on tuesdays and saturdays and when I drop them off they seem so angry with me and I feel helpless, hopeless, frustrated

Children of Divorce 2 weeks 4 days ago #110042

hi daloser,

are you taking any legal action to spend more time with kids? the older the kids get, the more upset and frustrated they will become about spending little time with you. get overnight stays.

Children of Divorce 2 weeks 4 days ago #110043

I got married to an Irish National 5 years ago, and we have 2 toddler kids since, aged 3 and 4 years. I am from India and I met my wife 8 years ago in republic of Ireland/ROI while at work. I am a surgeon. She made a trip in July to ROI for a holiday and wanted time to think about us, called later to say she won't come back with the kids and if I sign the kids away to her, she will make efforts to come to the UK to visit. I refused as that isn't enough and they are OUR children, they need both of us. She then filed a domestic violence case against me and a permanent relocation to Ireland. An interim hearing ruled that she should come back as this is the children's home and she made a unilateral decision to take them on a purpose of a holiday. I have a non molestation order/occupation order against me as I offered to move out of our family home so she could come back. She has now dropped the domestic abuse case and avoided a fact finding hearing. I have asked for Tuesday night stay over and Every friday night to sat evening, but she refused. In addition to this she now wants me to video chat only once a week, not every day as we had originally agreed. We have a court hearing on 15th October , I am struggling without my children and I am sure they are confused too. Poor little things.

Children of Divorce 2 weeks 4 days ago #110044

Hi Bill 337,
Did you get some more contact with your children after school restarted?

Children of Divorce 2 weeks 4 days ago #110046

hi,

yes things have gone back to normal and I am seeing kids as usual. my case was straightforward. none of that non-mol madness. hopefully when your non-mol issue comes to an end you can start to have overnight stays with kids, with help from court.

Children of Divorce 5 days 13 hours ago #110249

Hi
The hearing on 15th October went okay, CAFCASS had recommended more time with me after an initial safeguarding interview. I have now got half of term holidays, overnight stay every tuesday night with wednesday school drop offs, alternate saturday night stay overs with 10am to 4pm every other saturday. My wife has decided to go back to Rep of Ireland for christmas and said she has to isolate for 13 days, and the judge has allowed that if restrictions permit! I get no christmas with the children as I am Hindu and the judge said she should spend time with family over christmas as they have done that before. She was always referred to as the Primary carer by the judge which only means there is a high chance she will relocate to Ireland after the final hearing in Feb 2021. Any advice how I can strengthen my case?
I earn well, I am a dedicated father as all my spare time is with the kids and I can manage them if I get them. I would rather we co parent in the UK as the kids need both mother and father, but if she wants to leave, she could, but leave the kids with me as they were born and brought up in the UK

Children of Divorce 5 days ago #110250

hi,

did you ask to have kids for whole weekends? or something you can not manage?

Children of Divorce 2 days 13 hours ago #110298

Children of Divorce 2 days 13 hours ago #110299

Hi
My lawyer suggested I attempt every saturday, so as to avoid relocation to Republic of Ireland. If I had said alternate weekends, she thinks the judge would probably think that would be possible from ROI. During the entire proceeding the judge referred to the mother as the Primary carer, which is unfair, as all my free time was with the kids including weekends. I can manage the kid for the entire week, weekend whatever I am permitted.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes