• Page:

TOPIC: Going up against a narcissist

Going up against a narcissist 1 month 4 days ago #109751

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has gone up against a narcissist ex in court.

I've read it's best to get a lawyer who deals with Narcissistic traits because they will be able to bring it out in your ex in court.

My ex hasn't been diagnosed because she always refused to admit anything was wrong.

I'm really looking for advice on who to contact in my area of the West Midlands, prefer not to say exact location on here and would prefer to discuss in private.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Going up against a narcissist 1 month 4 days ago #109753

hi,

if its a family court and about child arrangements, then there is no point at all in the court knowing if she is a narcissist. they would just like to know if she is sane and capable of caring for kids.

Going up against a narcissist 1 month 4 days ago #109755

And there in lies in the problem with courts not seeing it as it’s so hard to prove anyway. I’ve known a lady who who caused so much damage (emotionally) to their children and the way she posioned her children to have hatred for his father to such an extent some of them wanted to fight him, got another partner and asked kids to call him daddy, turned them against the dad , they even wanted to fight their own dad and vandalism as well towards him.

Is she sane? Hardly! but She comes across sane at first.

The result Is. destroyed family who now has adults have dysfunctional relationships and myself dealing with the adult son who is still angry.. I tried to explain to solicitor and she got it especially at the end but the courts are only interested in children rightly so but don’t have understanding of tISee type of people and how they can be manipulative and extremely dangerous, and Narcs are pathological Liars and good at playing victim whilst they destroy others around them. They use kids as weapons.

I’m not trying to be doom and gloom but wish there was more understanding about this as it’s very real and very damaging. I am praying everyday our children will be ok and my worst nightmare is the dad turning out like this mother ,he already says and does things like her.

I deal with him by email and communicate only about kids. He has put me through hell and expect more to come but I try the grey rock method. Lawyers can know about narcs and mine certainly found out what he was like at the end. Focus all on children, in time the truth comes out. Sadly not always in court.

Going up against a narcissist 1 month 4 days ago #109756

what you mentioned is parental alienation and courts are taking action about it:

Divorcing parents could lose custody or be denied contact with their children if they attempt to poison them against their former partner, under the rules of a new pilot scheme.

The “groundbreaking” initiative, being trialled by the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (Cafcass), is designed to tackle the problem officially known as “parental alienation” where one parent turns a child against the other so they do not want to see them.

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/...father-a8062941.html

Going up against a narcissist 1 month 4 days ago #109757

crazy:

Domestic abusers winning time with children by accusing mothers of parental alienation, study finds

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/...-study-a9294726.html

Going up against a narcissist 1 month 3 days ago #109765

I’ve never heard of parental alienation until last year. My father had an affair and not once did my mum stop us seeing him and he used to pick us up on Saturday with his mistress well girlfriend and yes my mum was upset I was a child but knew she was sad he wasn’t there anymore but
she didn’t bad mouth him , not to us anyway. I’ve seen friends parents separate and Not always amicable yet always spent time with both parents etc. The only case of parental alienation I know is the narcissistic parent (.mother ) but son following in her footsteps. I personally can’t understand it. Unless it’s a very violent parent and serious safeguarding I couldn’t personally ever turn a child or keep a child from their parent. It’s so damaging and soul destroying to the child and parent.

Parental alienation and narcissism go hand in hand in vast majority of cases I think. I can see how abusers most likely They also have personality disorder us it to get residency by claiming PA.. it’s a difficult one. Is it me or does the system need far more understanding of all this.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes