• Page:

TOPIC: Holiday split

Holiday split 3 weeks 18 hours ago #109998

• newdad5
  • newdad5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am currently awaiting a final hearing and will be requesting 50/50 on school holidays. Does anybody have an example wording for the court order and how the holidays are split.

The wording of the final order needs to be water tight and with no negotiation as unfortunately the mother is not capable of this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Holiday split 3 weeks 14 hours ago #110001

hi,

you can ask for school holidays to be shared equally between both parents. in my position statement I asked for 7 consecutive nights for easter holidays, for christmas. for summer, 2 week blocks of 7 consecutive nights.

my order went as far as stating what will happen in holidays for 2021 and 2022 going forwards lol. they will leave it up to both of you to agree on what dates to take the holidays.

Holiday split 2 weeks 6 days ago #110021

Hi
I get half holidays Christmas and Easter are easy .
Summer I get first week then she gets two,then I get two and her the last week.
Half terms are 50/50.
Quite easy to draft yourself (number if dats etc)

Holiday split 2 weeks 3 days ago #110078

• newdad5
  • newdad5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for your replies.

Does anyone have an example of a typical Christmas holiday split to include a split of specials days ie Christmas eve, day and boxing day.

I'm thinking that it would be better for our daughter to be able to spend all of christmas day with one parent rather than splitting but alternate this each year as hard as it would be to not see her on christmas day

Holiday split 2 weeks 3 days ago #110082

i think it would be tough on parents if one does not get to see child on special occassions. maybe your better off splitting the days. like you pick up child night before, keep for lunch following day, then drop her to mum in evening for dinner etc. and alternate each year.

Holiday split 2 weeks 3 days ago #110086

• actd
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1749
One other option, something I do with my children, not because of their mum, but purely because they could spend time with friends, is to celebrate Christmas day with my kids on a different day - does it really have to be 25th December? We take the view that whatever day it is we spend together, then that's the special day, and now my children are all grown up, it avoids the complication of who's at whose parents on Christmas day, and it's easier for me because I can spend Xmas with my partner's family on xmas day, and with my kids on the second xmas.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes