• Page:

TOPIC: Cov-19 breach

Cov-19 breach 4 months 2 weeks ago #110035

I was wondering whether there any legal precedents set yet for parents who were prevented from seeing their children during lockdown?

My ex sent me a message just prior to lockdown telling me she felt it was unsafe for me to see them any longer and it was another 3 months before we had access to each other again. I have never been given the time back again despite requests and promises that I would.

If I filed for a breach, does anyone know what the court's reaction might be to this situation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cov-19 breach 4 months 2 weeks ago #110036

hi,

i think if you went to court over it, it would be a waste of time. i was in the middle of court hearings when my ex did the same thing. court listened to her babble on about her worried about childs safety. so they gave me extra video calls a week. in order they put down that normal contact to resume once lockdown is lifted or schools re-open.

courts view is children's safety and welfare is paramount. so means ex will get away with stopping contact due to covid issues.

Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-conselling

Cov-19 breach 4 months 2 weeks ago #110039

Family courts wont do anything. I would concentrate on getting on with your ex and trying to make sure it dont happen again. Hopefully you would like to think this time she dont stop contact again due to covid 19 and she lets you have children and work together to ensure their safety

Cov-19 breach 1 month 3 days ago #111948

Hi All, Commons Briefing Paper CBP 8901 issued on January 5th 2021 that explicitly states that parents are allowed to travel to have access to visit children despite the lockdown. not sure if this helps at all

Cov-19 breach 4 weeks 2 days ago #112077

Thanks, I think that has been the case since May last year. It was more a question of whether the courts would actually intervene or do anything about it.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes