TOPIC: Court Hearings by phone Pointers

Court Hearings by phone Pointers 1 month 1 week ago #110206

• MR SLIM
  • MR SLIM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 613
Hi Guy's

I had my first directions hearing by phone last week and I would like to offer some advice to anyone who may be having a hearing by phone in the near future.

This is my 3rd time at court and this was the first time I've had a hearing over the phone and I have to say it was far better than attending court.

Don't get me wrong I have been worried sick about it for the past 4 months but it went so much better than I expected.

I't great not having to actually attend court as normal, you haven't got the stress of what to wear, parking, food, transport, seeing the other parent, it's great you don't actually see anyone obviously it's all by phone.

Obviously it's all talking so you've got to pay real attention on how to how you come across by voice.

Make sure you...

Keep cool calm and collected.

don't raise your voice or get aggressive in anyway.

do yourself a bullet proof position statement and have it next to you.

don't enter into any arguments with the other parent.

respect the judge and cafcass

keep it child focussed.

put all your emotions into a locked safe and do not open it until its over.

Use sir and m'am

Let the other parent do all the ranting and raving

I actually got everything I requested in my position statement apart from interim contact I've got another hearing in 8 weeks for the s7 report and throughout the order from last week it mentions my Position Statement so I know my MF nailed it.

I't defo worth paying a MF or solicitor if you can afford it to write you one.

All in all it went really well and I learned loads I'm actually looking forward to the next one.

Good luck guys if you're going through it

all the best

Slim :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: actd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes