• Page:

TOPIC: Self isolating child

Self isolating child 3 days 21 hours ago #110253

Hi all!

My ex text me last night and forwarded an email off school. Our childs bubble has been closed and cannot attend school and must self isolate for 14 days.

Obviously the holidays are approaching and neither of us know whether the child can legally come to mine.

She feels comfortable with our 10 year old coming for the holidays and I am comfortable as well, I wont go out with them or allow visitors but neither of us are sure on the legality of it all.

Of course neither of us wish to get into trouble. We have both been googling and in all honesty we cannot see a clear answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Self isolating child 3 days 20 hours ago #110254

hi,

does the child have covid symptoms? if not, then I don't understand why child has to isolate. child contact for separated parents should continue under current conditions, unless child has covid symptoms.

Self isolating child 3 days 20 hours ago #110255

You can have your child as normal. Your bubble has been asked to not attend school thats all for 2 weeks.
If your child started coughing or appearing unwell then you would self isolate indoors.
As a precaution and its good you get on with other parent its best for the 2 weeks or at least the very first 3-4 days you just dont mix with other households and just enjoy your 1 on 1 time together

Self isolating child 3 days 20 hours ago #110256

The school has closed the bubble due to a positive covid test amongst the bubble and sent a letter saying the child needs to self isolate. I know this is correct as ex forwarded all emails, this isnt the ex trying to take advantagd of the pandemic luckily. Ive found one legit article that says its not allowed.

Self isolating child 3 days 20 hours ago #110257

The letter states within national guidance the child must self isolate following the government guidance.

Self isolating child 3 days 20 hours ago #110258

I am not suggesting your ex is being awkward. If my children come to me and they are in different years at same school by way. if someone in their class of about 20-30 had covid 19 symptoms there is no way both households would self isolate and that would then mean my other sons class would.have to . i would stay in for 2-3 days max and check if any of children were unwell. only time i would self isolate for 2 weeks as per government guidelines if one of my kids actually had the symptoms

Last Edit: by warwickshire1.

Self isolating child 3 days 20 hours ago #110259

The letter says child self isolates for 14 days. Yet their mums household and doesnt self isolate and mine doesnt. This is why we are all confused. I actually have anothrt child in the same school as the child in question, but they dont have to self isolate. Do you think the court would be able to clarify

Self isolating child 3 days 20 hours ago #110260

And the mum also has 3 kids ib total at that school. Its just the 10 year old that has to self usolate *confused face*

The mums joked shall we take it in turns in stashing the child in different places. Because 5 kids in total dont have to self isolate only one does.

Self isolating child 3 days 19 hours ago #110261

The best thing to do is have your child like you normally do and dont mix with anyone else or at least social distance from them.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes