• Page:

TOPIC: Post finding of fact advice, please!

Post finding of fact advice, please! 2 months 1 week ago #110798

Hi

That sheds a lot more light.

My solicitor advised to let the criminal proceedings complete as until then the family courts will be cautious etc. My situation ended badly in criminal courts and so I haven't as yet taken it through the family courts.

Yours sounds like the CPS will have a decision to make re hers and your allegations. I would assume that your legal position would be to not agree/admit/accept anything in the family courts until the CPS have made a decision on whether to charge you. Otherwise it could tip the CPS to charge you. (legal advice is important here).

Don't let a poor experience of a legal team put you off. However I get that it can be difficult.

With criminal proceedings it is very difficult to tell whether the family court will grant interim access. In my case my solicitor said they wouldn't and to not even go there.

I was fortunate in that my mum could speak to my exes mum and between them they arranged for ongoing contact as no what my ex said happened between me and her she recognised there were no issues between me and the kids and so has allowed me to see them but supervised by my mum.

Its hard, but getting there. You will do too.

Do not tie in whether you do the DV course with whether your ex does a course too.. The courts will not look too kindly on that as you doing the course is down to what you have done, admit to and are happy to talk about. If the court finds against ex then she too may have to do similar courses.

Once the court decides you have to do DV course then there is no negotiating except for you and ex to agree to things outside of the court process and then bring it to court to rubber stamp an agreement. Otherwise you will have to do the course.

Best of luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Post finding of fact advice, please! 2 months 1 week ago #110800

Hi, I am not sure what your allegations are . Its likely i imagine you are released under investigation. When allegations are around like you say borderline sexual they will leave you waiting in suspense for months and months whilst trying to get to bottom of it . At least there are plenty of reasons why she may be accusing you and you have made counter allegations in the criminal side separate from family courts. It is likely that after a long period of time if u have done nothing wrong that it will be a NFA and then that leaves family courts to be able to get things moving

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes