TOPIC: Court tomorrow! Help please

Court tomorrow! Help please 2 days 11 hours ago #110890

• rhys88
  • rhys88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

Looking for some last minute tips/advice.

Tomorrow is my final non mol hearing that I am hoping to get cancelled.

AND I recently got the cafcass s7 report last week, so I called the court asking when that case would get a hearing and I got told it is tomorrow as well!! No letter or anything but I guess they have listed the matters together (non mol and first CAO hearing)!

The s7 report states I should have 5 2-hour supervised sessions at a contact centre to start with so I’m guessing they will just order that. I’ve printed out the forms of my chosen centre (closest to children’s home) and I’ve got a couple of questions (mainly what happens after the 5 sessions end and also I want to point out I can’t afford this in the long term - sessions cost 50£ an hour !!) cafcass have said I have to fund these.

I’m hoping it will be straightforward. Received the court bundle from her legal aid solicitors and it states she’s looking to extend the non mol for 12 months! Hoping to show she’s lied with my evidence plus cafcass report states we need to communicate!

I am still skeptical that both matters are listed together- I called the court twice and was told the same. Just surprised as I haven’t got w letter otherwise but I would love for them both to be sorted tomorrow so we can lock start these 5 sessions.

Any tips / advice etc please ??!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Court tomorrow! Help please 2 days 5 hours ago #110892

Hi,

Just write position statement, 2 sides of a4, whether you agree with s7 report or not and if any concerns you have. Ask you want contact to progress to unsupervised at your home and if that can be written into your order. Stuff like fri to sun every other weekend, half of school holidays. Midweek overnights?? About non mol write reasons why it should be cancelled/discharged.

Email it to court asap

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or trained professional. I am not in a position to give legal advice. Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.
Last Edit: by Bill337.

Court tomorrow! Help please 2 days 5 hours ago #110893

I would be phoning up contact centre checking for their next available slots so this can be started as soon as next weekend if granted. At hearing you could then say you have spoken to them and they can do such and such times.

As its your 1st hearing you wont get anything other than supervised at the most unless your ex partner agrees to unsupervised by consent at hearing, Also is that the closest contact centre to your ex as if it isnt she is just going to contest it so maybe worth ringing one up near to her home if this is the case.

Hopefully at 1st hearing non-mol wont be granted but they may ask you to take an undertaking instead. Normally i would say refuse but its best to accept at 1st hearings or any interim hearings as you can say you understand you need to accept so you can see your child whilst proceedings are going on

Court tomorrow! Help please 2 days 1 hour ago #110894

If its not too late, then there is a guide to representing yourself in court on the AdviceNow website that might be helpful. Take notes of what is said and make sure you understand what has been agreed/ordered before you leave.

Court tomorrow! Help please 2 days 45 minutes ago #110896

• rhys88
  • rhys88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you all.

I have written a position statement and printed it x 3. Not emailed it in as seems a bit late.

I have contacted the contact centre and filled in the forms (as much as I can) and bringing them along. And it is the closest centre to her home yea.

Also non mol was made without notice in May so it’s about to expire! She wants it extended but I want to clear my name.

Thanks no idea what to expect tomorrow or if she will even turn up.

Also no time on my court papers but it’s listed for a whole day. I have called the court a few times and they said 10am- going to get there for half 9 to be safe !

Thanks

Court tomorrow! Help please 2 days 7 minutes ago #110897

I think if it is expiring there is no reason for them to issue you with yet another one. A whole day seems a long time for a 1st hearing. If its a 1st hearing and you are asked to do an undertaking its best to do one to secure an interim order.
This is not something you would accept at a final hearing but merely to ensure you see your child by doing so.
Your ex's solicitor may approach you to attempt to speak to you .2moro. Some will try and press your buttons and play games or it might be one that will try and help matters along and put child 1st and assist with getting contact sorted albeit in contact centre. good luck 2moro... dont worry about defending about non mol as it was served without notice and has expired now. S7 report and Cafcass saying you need to communicate should make judge realise one is no longer needed

Court tomorrow! Help please 1 day 13 hours ago #110898

I wouldnt worry about the non mol too much. As you know, if you have breached the terms of the non mol, you would have been arrested, so there will be no reason to extend this if you have stuck to it.

I have attended a contact centre before, in my experience, it was fine, I had someone sat in the corner taking notes, they are always quiet and respectful. Just make sure you turn up prepared (not sure who old you kid(s) are) So nappies if needed, wipes and drinks, maybe a small gift for them too. Just show that you are sensitive to their needs, asking if they need the toilet, wiping their nose and face if needed.Show them all the love you can and avoid discussing the situation.

Good luck!

Court tomorrow! Help please 1 day 5 hours ago #110906

Hi rhys88,

how did it go?

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or trained professional. I am not in a position to give legal advice. Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes