TOPIC: Xmas

Xmas 2 months 3 weeks ago #111140

• loops88
  • loops88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi
I wonder if you could give me some advice.
The Child arrangement order states alternative Christmas eve to Christmas day at 12 between parents.
What timings would you be expecting for pick up?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xmas 2 months 3 weeks ago #111142

Hi there,

Just curious whats the relationship like with your ex and is there normally flexibility with these things.Last year I picked up my son around 2pm on Xmas day so it would not feel like a rush for him and my ex and took him back around 5pm boxing day.

But our situation is flexible because especially at christmas things always end up taken longer than you imagined especially with family members arriving late and waiting for Xmas dinner/watching movies etc.

Key is even if you don't like your ex atleast pretending will make your life easier lol

Last Edit: by Danbruno1105.

Xmas 2 months 3 weeks ago #111151

Hi,

I have shared days for special occasions(cao). Like 11-5pm on one day. Another time i have kids overnight the night before, then return 2pm next day. Can you suggest similar timings to your ex?

Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-conselling

Xmas 2 months 3 weeks ago #111154

• Toks
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Hi, like others have suggested, it depends on what level of co-operation and flexibility you and your ex are able to exercise with each other.

The Child Arrangements for my son specifies a 1pm handover time on Xmas Day. I did allow flexibility for a couple of years for a later time, but decided against continuing this after that agreed period, partly due to the mother clearly feeling I was the only one who was expected to be flexible on various points in the Order, but also partly because it meant my son having less time to relax, catch up and open his presents before Xmas dinner.

If you can arrange with your ex for a later time such as 1pm with a corresponding later return handover, then it might be worth trying out.

Last Edit: by Toks.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes