• Page:

TOPIC: Your relationship tips.

Your relationship tips. 5 years 10 months ago #40622

Ok - love it or hate it, it's Valentines Day this month so I thought I would ask for your top relationship tips. You don't need to be an expert and the tip can be as life changing or simple as you like.

Please share your thoughts here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My last day as DAD.info Community Manager was 1st April 15 - www.dad.info/forum/current-affairs-news-...ussion/43334-goodbye

Your relationship tips. 5 years 10 months ago #40646

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Never go to bed on an argument ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goonerplum

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Your relationship tips. 5 years 10 months ago #40673

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1681
Don't buy kitchen utensils or equipment as a romantic gift :lol:

Your relationship tips. 5 years 10 months ago #40783

Don't go to bed argueing about the kitchen utensils you got her a s a gift :p :p :p

I do agree though about not going to bed on an arguement, it doesn't do anyone any good, neither sleep very well and there is always an atmosphere the next day.

Also suprises, flowers, chocs but not just when you have done something to be sorry for

GTTS

Your relationship tips. 5 years 10 months ago #40784

actd wrote: Don't buy kitchen utensils or equipment as a romantic gift :lol:

Best return that deep fat fryer then :D

I think flowers, Lily's, roses and not cheap garage ones! Waitrose do some lovely ones

Trying to make sure the CSA/CMS do things right

Your relationship tips. 5 years 10 months ago #40846

• actd
I have said that I will cook my wife a nice meal on Valentines day - not something I normally do, so she's looking forward to it :)

Your relationship tips. 5 years 10 months ago #40882

A really good tip is that when you are out shopping, take notice of things your partner points out that she likes, clothes, jewelery anything really that she says she likes, note it on your phone if need be.

Then when it comes to gift time for birthday's, christmas or just a gift you know what to go get.

GTTS

Your relationship tips. 5 years 10 months ago #40912

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
That's a good tip GTTS! I'm often dropping hints, but they go in one ear and out the other! :lol:

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Last Edit: by Mojo.

Your relationship tips. 5 years 10 months ago #40983

• actd
I do that - half the time my wife doesn't think I'm listening, and she also forgets what she's commented on. Last year, she got a hovercraft experience which she'd forgotten completely that she'd mentioned looking like fun.

Your relationship tips. 5 years 9 months ago #41424

Did she enjoy it?

My last day as DAD.info Community Manager was 1st April 15 - www.dad.info/forum/current-affairs-news-...ussion/43334-goodbye

Your relationship tips. 5 years 9 months ago #41425

Ok still on topic but thought I would reword the question slightly:

How about - Share your best relationship tip with us. What would you tell someone starting their first ever relationship, to help them?

Your relationship tips. 5 years 9 months ago #41460

• actd

Goonerplum wrote: Did she enjoy it?

I think she was a bit apprehensive, and in some pain afterwards, but I think she did, and I think she appreciated that I had noted (even if she had forgotten) that she might like to try it.

What was funny was that I didn't tell her what it was - I drove her there, and there was motorcross adverts and banners all over the place, and she was saying that she hoped I hadn't got her that (she has no interests in motorbikes) - pulled into a parking space and as I got out, realised that the hovercraft was 10 feet away in front of the car, so I thought the surprise was blown, but she didn't spot it even then, so it was only when we walked into the office and the instructor came out that she finally knew what she was doing :)

• Page: