• Page:

TOPIC: Fairness on the children

Fairness on the children 3 years 1 month ago #73674

I have just written to the ex, as in June they have our children every weekend. This is due to the way the half term falls and also ex's previous dictations, then fathers day which is on my birthday too.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Any suggestions welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fairness on the children 3 years 1 month ago #73707

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 408
One would hope there would be some flexibility for the weekends that are not half term and fathers day and be able to swap them around. Unless the remaining weekends are laid out in a court order, neither of you are legally bound for those weekends.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Fairness on the children 3 years 1 month ago #73817

As I expected, no flexibility. As their Mum, I get half of one Saturday that month. My suggestions which were fair on the kids were rejected, the ex stated that a huge share of his time would be taken off of him, yet thinks that it is fair on them and their Mum to have half of one Saturday that month whilst he has every weekend that month. I guess the kids are thought of as objects, pocessions to him rather than little humans with feelings!

Any advice or any other people in this kind of situation, on how they deal with a narcissistic, sociopathic bully?

Last Edit: by BooBoo2010.
  • Page: