• Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Ringtones

Mobile Ringtones 10 years 3 weeks ago #2955

Ok everyone

Time to be honest - what is your current mobile ring tone?

Mine is "I Gotta feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas - I love it and it delays me answering the phone, which is not good in my job!!!

What is yours?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Mobile Ringtones 10 years 3 weeks ago #2966

"Doctor's phone" which is a standard for the K800i

... and a little more geeky is my message alert. Its Yoda saying "Hmm. A message you have!" :ugeek:

Re: Mobile Ringtones 10 years 3 weeks ago #2969

got an iphone and have to admit very frustrated that they force you to buy ringtones... i'm clearly a cheapskate as i have some flakey samba standard ring tone.... you would think for all the money apple have made they could allow you to assign any tune from your itunes library

You might win a match, but you can't match our wins!

United forever!!

Re: Mobile Ringtones 10 years 3 weeks ago #2973

Hi Ronaldo,
Unfortunately I can't test this for you because I HAVEN'T GOT AN IPHONE :(
I found this after a quick search.... I guess you might find other methods.
I guess the usual warning is advisable: Before doing something, make sure you understand the gravity of each step you take... BEFORE you do it. ;)

Make sure you have switched on 'Ringtones' in your iTunes general preferences and then proceed as follows...

1. First get the song you want to make the ringtone from.
2. Open it with quicktime pro (or any other editor)
3. Cust out the section you want as the ringtone and save it as a new mp3.
4. Import it into iTunes
5. in iTunes go into
Preferences > Advanced > Importing

Set to Import using: AAC encoder 128Kbps

And/OR:

6. Right click on the file you want as a ringtone and select:
Convert selection to AAC

Your file will now be converted to an AAC file. (appears in iTunes under your original file) - call it a different name, so as not to confuse, ie: instead of Song.xxx, call it Song1.xxx

7. Right click on the new file, click on show in finder (or open folder on windows)
8. You will now see your AAC file, all you have to do now is change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r
9. Drag the file out of the folder to the desktop, then drop it back into itunes. (Hover over your 'Ringtones' in the left menu list of iTunes, or it will just go into your main library)!

Sync with your iPhone. Done.

Acknowledgement: I scraped the above from a site called everythingicafe. :geek:
/orange

Re: Mobile Ringtones 10 years 1 week ago #3108

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1702
I have a Pal Treo pro and have had a palm of one sort or another for years, and have the same ring tone (Klavier) that I had on my first palm as I've never heard anyone else with it, so I always know it's mine. I do have a sonar beep as my missed text alert.

I used to have the crazy frog on a Nokia, but long before it became the crazy frog - I liked that one at the time

Re: Mobile Ringtones 10 years 1 week ago #3127

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes you can create ringtones for an iphone using any of your mp3 files - and this does work:

Open iTunes.

Step 2Find the song that you want to make into a ringtone.

Step 3Listen to the song and find the part of it you want to use. The chorus may be a good place to start.

Step 4Write down the start and stop times of the clip.

Step 5Right-click the song and select "Get Info."

Step 6Click the "Options" tab.

Step 7Type in the start time of your ringtone in the text box next to "Start Time" in the minutes:seconds (i.e. 2:01) format.

Step 8
Type in the end time of your ringtone in the text box next to "Stop Time." Make sure the ringtone is no more than 40 seconds long.

Step 9Click "OK."

Step 10Right-click your song again and select "Convert Selection to AAC." Wait for iTunes to convert your song. It will create a duplicate version.

Step 11Right-click the ringtone and select "Delete."

Step 12Click on the "Keep Files" button.

Step 13Find the file. It's usually in your User folder under Music > iTunes > iTunes Music and under the band's name. It will have an extension of "m4a."

Step 14
Replace the "m4a" extension of your ringtone with "m4r". You can either double-click slowly to rename your file, or right-click and select "Get Info" on a Mac or "Rename" on a Windows PC.

Step 15
Click "Use .m4r" or the PC equivalent when the system warns you that the change may affect the use of your file.

Step 16
Double-click the ringtone file. ITunes will automatically add it to your ringtones folder in your iTunes Music Library.

Step 17Connect your iPhone and sync your ringtones.

Re: Mobile Ringtones 10 years 1 week ago #3128

Songbird by Oasis for when the wife calls and Arctic Monkeys for everyone else-i've just got a normal text alert..

Re: Mobile Ringtones 10 years 3 days ago #3184

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1702

jimjamsdad wrote: Songbird by Oasis for when the wife calls and Arctic Monkeys for everyone else-i've just got a normal text alert..

Ha ha, that reminded me - I used to have a women screaming for when my ex rang me.

Re: Mobile Ringtones 9 years 8 months ago #4455

My son has just put the Meerkat on his phone so everytime he gets a text message it says "You have a text message - Simples"

Drives me mad!!!

Re: Mobile Ringtones 9 years 4 months ago #6314

I'm using Nokia tune in my Sony Ericsson W910i,,,,,,
Nice sharing Brothers,

Re: Mobile Ringtones 1 week 5 days ago #104141

My iphone ringtone is the song Let Me Love You, which is my favorite song at ring320kbs

• Page: