• Page:

TOPIC: Bonj!!

Bonj!! 6 years 8 months ago #18842

Hi all.

Been a Dad for 14 months now and only just found this place.

Got a little girl Evie, though I should say little vandal as I'm sure she's on mission to
Destroy everything, while covering it with snot.

Me and the Mrs are both support workers for people with mental health issues, though I used to
Build race & rally cars. (Hence the username.)

That's me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Bonj!! 6 years 8 months ago #18845

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Thank you received: 1579
Hi there cossie nut and welcome!

I love the name Evie...and your description of her!! :lol:

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.

Re: Bonj!! 6 years 8 months ago #18846

Welcome to DadTalk! I remember the destroying phase well.

Re: Bonj!! 6 years 8 months ago #18852

The naming took us ages.
Got the boys name in like 5 minutes.
The other half kept coming up with hippy names for a girl. So after months of me repeatedly saying no to everything.
We were watching V for vendetta one night, and the lead female is called Evie. Both liked it, and here we are.

Re: Bonj!! 6 years 8 months ago #19034

Its funny where and how we all find names for our kids. We try and not make it sound like too much of a big deal when we tell people but we all feel a bit vulnerable. Our kids names have got slightly more unusual, the more we've had. Ours have gone, Holly, Poppy, Macauley and Kenzie. (we've stopped having kids now purely so our their names don't get too stupid!)

Re: Bonj!! 6 years 8 months ago #19068

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1585
We made a mistakes with the names of two of our children, not the names themselves, but forever condemning them -

Alasdair - the 'proper' Scottish spelling, but forever meaning that he will have to spell his name (repeatedly) to anyone who needs to know it.

India - who now has to explain that, no, there is no connection to the country at all, we just liked the name. In hindsight, I would have preferred to name her Indie, which is what I call her anyway.

Re: Bonj!! 6 years 8 months ago #19101

Naming is a science these days, trying to consider how it may be shortened, what children could change it too in the playground, how the initials will work out.

We went for Benjamin as Ben is ok when older and there isn't really any other way to shorten it.

I like Indie though actd

Darren

DadTalk moderator

I'm not a legal proffesional and don't have any legal experience other than going through court myself. but offer my experience to help others

Re: Bonj!! 6 years 8 months ago #19180

We wanted very traditional names so Matthew and Jack

As for the destroying stage - it does get better, as they get older they will start denying they broke it, then it was someone else and now it was my fault for buying it or leaving it there in the first place!!

• Page: