• Page:

TOPIC: Doctoral Research: Seeking DadTalk users

Doctoral Research: Seeking DadTalk users 6 years 4 months ago #23413

Hi there,

I am a Ph.D student at the Institute of Education, University of London researching parenting online and face-to-face. My interest in this comes from being a father to two young children myself (I was a Stay At Home Dad when my son was a baby) and working in children and family services for several years. If you are a parent who uses the DadTalk forum regularly, are UK-based and are interested in telling your parenting story please send me a private message through this website. I will then send you more detailed information about my project.

Many thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon,

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am a father to a boy (6) and a girl (3). I am also a researcher interested in fathers' stories of parenting.

I am here on both counts. To chat as a father and to listen.

My aim is to give a voice to fathers. By listening to what being a father means to fathers themselves I hope to help websites for parents provide the best possible service and also help give policy makers real insight into fathers’ everyday lives.

Re: Doctoral Research: Seeking DadTalk users 6 years 4 months ago #23740

Many thanks to those who have been in contact. I am still looking for DadTalk users to take part in my study - please let me know if you would like to find out more by sending a message through this site or emailing me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - with no obligation of course.
Thanks and Happy New Year To all! Joe

JoeWinter wrote: Hi there,

I am a Ph.D student at the Institute of Education, University of London researching parenting online and face-to-face. My interest in this comes from being a father to two young children myself (I was a Stay At Home Dad when my son was a baby) and working in children and family services for several years. If you are a parent who uses the DadTalk forum regularly, are UK-based and are interested in telling your parenting story please send me a private message through this website. I will then send you more detailed information about my project.

Many thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon,

Joe

I am a father to a boy (6) and a girl (3). I am also a researcher interested in fathers' stories of parenting.

I am here on both counts. To chat as a father and to listen.

My aim is to give a voice to fathers. By listening to what being a father means to fathers themselves I hope to help websites for parents provide the best possible service and also help give policy makers real insight into fathers’ everyday lives.

Re: Doctoral Research: Seeking DadTalk users 6 years 4 months ago #23848

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1583
I'll add quickly that what Joe is asking isn't onerous - and you don't have to say yes anyway when he's explained what is involved. Research like this can help organisations like Dadtalk get funding so it can benefit the forum as well.

Re: Doctoral Research: Seeking DadTalk users 6 years 3 months ago #24280

email.. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Doctoral Research: Seeking DadTalk users 5 years 3 months ago #40329

hi joe im a working dad who has just got custody of my five year old son but don't understand how im suppose to work with no help with child care and nearly 400 maintence to pay I am paying all the mortgage but her name is still on the house . im beginning to think its not worth working as I cant afford to live how is this right ! lee
ex sits on her back side blokes in and out ,she is allowing my daughter who is 14 to have boyfriend staying with her why is nothing done ive contact social services she doesn't attend school. maybe I should go for custody of all kids and give up work ?

• Page: