• Page:

TOPIC: My ex is trying to move 200 miles away

My ex is trying to move 200 miles away 10 months 6 days ago #88009

• mellor
  • mellor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My ex is claiming that her work have terminated her position in Manchester but have offered her one in London with only 5 weeks notice .
I see my son 2 evenings a week and one day at a weekend .
She has not allowed my son to stay at mine overnight even tho he has a stable environment at my house .
She is now telllinb me she will be moving down to London /oxford area in 5 weeks! Very convenient seen as her family are in oxford .
My son has only just stared reception class and she will be disrupting him massively and also obviously limiting my visitation to him.
Anyone have any information / advice in regards to challenging this and going for full custody?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My ex is trying to move 200 miles away 10 months 5 days ago #88010

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 377
You can apply for an emergency Prohibited Steps Order to stop her moving but there are no guarantees a court will go in your favour. With regard to getting sole custody, unless there are serious safeguarding concerns, a court very rarely changes a child's residency.

I do think it's a rubbish thing of her to do but at least if you go down the court route, even if she is allowed to go, you will end up with a court order for contact that she will have to stick to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mellor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.
  • Page: