• Page:

TOPIC: legal aid to go back to court

legal aid to go back to court 1 year 1 week ago #93602

iv been to court already by my ex and she got a child arrangments order..but the judge said i can go bk to court from then too 6 months down the line if im not happy ..now my question is does anyone know if i take it bk to court..can i claim legal aid as im on esa & pip..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

legal aid to go back to court 1 year 1 week ago #93606

Hello if you are in the UK then sorry to tell you that there is no longer legal aid in the UK it stinks as i want to take my x back to court to get to see my children . The last time i seen my children was 22/10/2000 they where 0-1 years old my youngest one and 1-2 my oldest one . so to your question can you get legal aid ? No

legal aid to go back to court 1 year 1 week ago #93607

You can get legal aid, but you have to meet their criteria. For example, I am currently in receipt of legal aid, which I get because of my low income and ongoing abuse and harassment from the respondent.

Here's some more info: www.gov.uk/legal-aid

legal aid to go back to court 1 year 1 week ago #93608

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1763
Hi there

To clarify, you wouldn't be entitled to legal aid unless there is proven domestic violence against you. However, as you're in receipt of benefits you may be entitled to a part or full exemption from the court fee, which is currently £215.

So in effect, you wouldn't be represented by a solicitor in court unless you paid for it, but it wouldn't cost you anything to make the application.

You would need to attempt mediation before making an application to court, this is covered by legal aid and if you are eligible you can access the service without having to pay.

Best of luck

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

legal aid to go back to court 1 year 1 week ago #93617

thanks for your reply..but the fact is we have been to court already and the judge has said in court he will leave it open so i can go back to court anytime within 6 months if im not happy with something..does what you say still count..or do i just need to fill in all forms

Last Edit: by marky2019.

legal aid to go back to court 1 year 1 week ago #93622

• Mojo
Ah ok then, if the case has been left open, I would email the court and explain what the judge directed and that as the case has beeen left open you wish to return to court for new directions.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

legal aid to go back to court 1 year 11 hours ago #93851

I had to take my ex back to court due to how she was treating my daughter. She has managed to get legal aid. I really would love to know she managed it!

legal aid to go back to court 11 months 4 weeks ago #93869

My ex did the same thing when I took her to court the first time, and she'll probably do it again. She went to a solicitor which works primarily with legal aid cases and lied through her teeth with absolutely no evidence. Having spoken to other solicitors about this, apparently there are unfortunately some solicitors who tell women what to say in order to qualify for legal aid. It's absolutely disgusting. The solicitors do it to ensure they get paid, as if they spend an hour with a client going through the forms and they don't qualify, the solicitor has just lost an hour of their time. You would think CAFCASS would have asked what evidence the accusations were based on, but CAFCASS don't operate like that because their operation is backwards!

On that note, it might be speaking to your solicitor, or writing to the judge, to ask what evidence she is basing her accusations on.

Last Edit: by semifinalist87.

legal aid to go back to court 11 months 4 weeks ago #93886

• Mojo
If there's no provable DV or any reason for being awarded legal aid, you can contact the legal aid agency and ask them to look into it. It's tax payers money paying for it after all.

• Page: