TOPIC: Court - UPDATE

Court - UPDATE 3 months 3 weeks ago #95151

• Mojo
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1617
I think she's still probably your best route back in at some point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Court - UPDATE 3 months 1 week ago #95433

Update:

After a lot of back and forth and my son really fighting his corner. CAFCASS have contacted him to say that BBR accepted the referral and will be contacting him to make an appointment.

Has anyone been on the this course, what are the steps - any help would be so appreciated.

I think this is great news, however looking for the sting in the tail.

Nanny xx

Court - UPDATE 3 months 1 week ago #95436

• Mojo
  • Away
Is his acceptance on the course after an interview or is the referral automatic entry onto the course?

I know very little about the course I’m afraid. Hopefully someone will be able to Give you more information.

All the best

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Court - UPDATE 3 months 1 week ago #95438

the BBR have JUST accepted the referral, which i dont suppose is automatically a green card onto the course... but little steps in the right direction.

Nanny x

Court - UPDATE 2 months 3 weeks ago #95770

Update:

My son went to his referral session last night and it was really positive. He has been ACCEPTED on the course and said the guy running the course was really helpful and was the first person in the whole process who actually listened to him. Its still a long road to contact, but we are now moving FINALLY in the right direction.

After speaking to my son last night, I think this course will really help him in how to react in situations with his EX, will explain why his actions in the past might not have been acceptable.

The Course Guy (dont know what to call him), looked over the whole case and summed up by saying he does not see my son as a violent controlling person (as deemed by the court/CAFCASS) that he feels he has just not coped well / mature enough to deal with the pressure of being a new dad and felt overwhelmed with the whole situation, but that does not make you a bad person or a bad dad. He said the course will definitely benefit him and will be beneficial towards gaining contact.

His next appointment is next week - will keep you updated.

Nanny x

Court - UPDATE 2 months 3 weeks ago #95776

• Mojo
  • Away
That’s great news NK... something positive at last.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NannyKit

DadTalk Moderator...

Court - UPDATE 2 months 3 weeks ago #95800

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1576
That sounds good - once there's a positive, it's something to build on. good luck to your son.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NannyKit

Court - UPDATE 1 month 3 weeks ago #96302

Update.

My son is back in court in January and has been accepted on the BBR course.
CAFCASS have spoken to EX and advised that she must read and show the child the cards being sent by my son.
We had to resend the last XMAS card as it had "Negative words" ie: Miss you, hope to see you in 2019, Love you so much..

We had to change the wording on the Xmas Cards to "Hope you have a Super Xmas, Santa brings you all the presents on your list, Lots of Love.. keeping it very simple. So it looks like "indirect contact" seems to be moving forward. We stated in the Statement of Evidence that we would like the definition of Indirect contact to be explain to both parties, as there seems to be a different of opinion of what is expected.

Also if My son sends any gifts, the child should be made aware that his dad/grandparents have sent them. She was previously binning the cards and giving the gifts saying they were from her.

CAFC ASS officer is slowing mellowing and seems to be listening to my son now and taking on board his reports from the BBR Manager.

The BBR manager contacted the EX and explained that she needs to start re-introducing/talking about his dad, as my son will be attending the BBR course and the aim of the course is to re-establish contact with his son and this will happen (in some form) in 2019.

So positive tiny little steps..

Still going to hard at Xmas without seeing or speaking to my Grandson... but finally moving in the right direction.. .. (i hope).

Merry Xmas Everyone and thank you for all your support in 2018 (its been a hell of a year)
NannyKit

Court - UPDATE 1 month 3 weeks ago #96321

• Mojo
  • Away
Positive little steps are good, it’s great to hear that there has been progress with CAFCASS too.

Hopefully by next Christmas contact will have resumed and you can make a big fuss of him.

All the best and a Merry Christmas Nannykit.

DadTalk Moderator...

Court - UPDATE 1 month 3 weeks ago #96339

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1576
You could always get him a nice present that is engraved "to xxx, love Dad"

Court - UPDATE 1 month 5 days ago #96674

Court Update.

My son was back in court yesterday to confirm the DVPP/BBR Course, which the Judge and CAFCASS have agreed and will start shortly - which is great news.

The EX seems to have softened a little and has come to accept that introduction will happen in the near or not too distance future. She asked my son, with the Judges acceptance, to send over photos of the family so that she could show my grandson as she felt his was losing his memory of us. She also said she would think about letting myself and his grandad seeing him and meeting up (but not my son until the judge orders).

So good news overall - but feel for my son that we might get to see my grandson before he does, which really breaks my heart.

Back to court in June/July to see how my son is progressing on the course and hopefully an order finally sorted for contact for my son.

NannyKit

Court - UPDATE 1 month 4 days ago #96705

• Mojo
  • Away
Well Nannykit, this all seems to be moving in the right direction at long last! It's great news for you all, especially that the mother is begin to soften towards you, that's really important, as her acceptance will make the process much easier.

I'm sure your son will just be relieved that someone from his side of the family is finally reconnnecting with his son, it's the first step on the road back to his child.

Well done, you must be very proud of your sons tenacity and resolve... He's had such a rough ride and deserves a break.

Thanks for the update and best of luck.

DadTalk Moderator...