TOPIC: Court - UPDATE

Court - UPDATE 1 month 6 days ago #96746

Update.. The Ex asked to see us on Saturday to talk. She then facetimed us with our grandson later on that evening.

My Grandson asked to see us and we had him over for the day on Sunday. It was a great day and everything was just the same, no shyness or reserve - he remember us and loved being with us.

So next weekend we are having him again for the day and maybe staying over night.

My son is not to see him until the court decide and he is back in court in June. However if things progress and go well with us seeing him, I can't see the judge not accepting that we are the supervised contact for my son seeing my grandson.

Great start to 2019 - I am over the moon. It was so lovely to hug him and hear his laugh again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Court - UPDATE 1 month 6 days ago #96749

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1621
I’m so happy for you... That bought tears to my eyes Nannykit! Sad for your son though, but you’ve come a long way from a time when the future looked so bleak, it won’t be too much longer, time seems to fly by, June will be here before you know it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NannyKit

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Court - UPDATE 1 month 4 days ago #96808

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1576
Good result, well done for this :)

Court - UPDATE 1 month 4 days ago #96814

Well done. You so deserve this. This will reflect well for your son as well. Best of luck.

Court - UPDATE 1 month 3 days ago #96831

So pleased for you.

Fingers crossed your son gets to enjoy the same sort of time and feelings again soon.

Dad-i-d

i'm not legally trained....i'm just a Dad going through hell to see his child grow up and become a decent man and human being.....my goal is simple...to be the father to my child like my father is to me...my hero.

Started this battle 2010.....who knows when the fighting will stop!

Parental Alienation is real and is abuse!

Court - UPDATE 3 weeks 18 hours ago #97117

Deflated again....

So it seems my sons EX just needed a sitter for a couple of Saturdays. She has now gone AWOL. Not replying to Text or email. Blocked us on social media again.. No reason, no replies - just stopped.

It was going really well. We had him for 2 x saturdays whilst she was working and had facetime with my grandson every other night, which was fantastic. The EX spoke to us on facetime too and was really positive about the future and building up to overnight at the weekend. Them boom.. gone.

The contact was all on her terms and we snapped it up with open arms... now I am completely devastated again!!

I suppose we just have to wait until she needs us again. It seems so unfair on my grandson, he was so happy to see us and last time we spoke he was looking forward to coming over at the weekend!!

Just at a complete loss as what to do next!

Court - UPDATE 3 weeks 17 hours ago #97120

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1621
Does your grandson have a Guardian ad litem in the court case? Am I right in thinking the case is still open?

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Court - UPDATE 3 weeks 16 hours ago #97125

no guardian. Court case still on going. My son has not seen him, only us. Court have ordered DVPP course and back into court in July for update.

My son has indirect contact only at present.

Court - UPDATE 3 weeks 7 hours ago #97138

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 405
You could consider making your own application for contact. If she's allowed you to care for him recently, she can't claim any safeguarding concerns.

You would have to write to the judge asking permission first and that will take about a week.

I am surprised that there isn't another hearing listed for 6 months. Usually matters are reviewed after 3 months.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Court - UPDATE 2 weeks 6 days ago #97144

I have found out the reason for no contact is the missed CSA payment in December. My son was out of work in December. The bottom line is - if i pay the outstanding payment, the EX will let me see my grandson again.

Kinda held to ransom........!!

Court - UPDATE 2 weeks 6 days ago #97151

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 405
How did you find out?

Up to you really if you want to pay it and carry on having contact. If you go down that route, keep a record and inform the court at the next hearing. They don't like that type of behaviour.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Court - UPDATE 2 weeks 5 days ago #97161

The EX replied to a text saying she had not had January Payment so no contact. I said I would pay the missing payment and my son would owe me the money.

I paid and now seeing my grandson on Saturday.

I will keep a log of the texts and print them out for court in July.

I dont like being held to ransom but £250 would be cost of applying to court myself and as you have said this is good evidence to bring back to court.