• Page:

TOPIC: Non molestation order

Non molestation order 6 months 3 weeks ago #97035

I have just been served with a non molestation order, I don’t want anything to do with my ex but not all of her statement is true. Should I attend or just let the court do what they want and need to do as I say I don’t want anything to do with her nor contact her etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Non molestation order 6 months 3 weeks ago #97044

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1608
Personally, if there are any significant untruths, I'd dispute them. Why has she gone to court for this if you aren't having anything to do with her?

Non molestation order 6 months 3 weeks ago #97055

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1763
Although not all of her allegations are true, it’s likely that if you admit to the ones that are, the NMO will stand on those.

You could argue your side of things, perhaps ask for an undertaking instead, as you have absolutely no intention of contacting her in the future.

The only thing about these orders is that if you find yourself in the same place as her, she could report that as a breach... avoiding people if you live in close vicinity to each other can cause problems.

Best of luck

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Non molestation order 6 months 3 weeks ago #97074

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 417
Are there children involved and if so, are you having contact with them?

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.
  • Page: