• Page:

TOPIC: court order half school holidays

court order half school holidays 2 months 2 weeks ago #97796

hi I have a court order in place I get Friday to Sunday one week and Sunday to Tuesday following week and it states I get half the school holidays but my daughter is in a private nursery and is saying she doesn't have holidays because she's not at school yet? is this correct? thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

court order half school holidays 2 months 1 week ago #97803

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1699
Hi there

Pre school nursery usually runs throughout the year and doesn’t have the breaks that school does, as it’s generally used by parents that work, so closing for weeks on end wouldn’t work.

When a court order specifies a share of school holidays where the child isn’t yet of school age, it’s usually a preemptive condition,which comes into force once the child starts school.

It’s would be up to you to negotiate some extra time if you wanted to take your child on holiday before then...mediation might help, but if you felt particularly strongly and mediation wasn’t successful, you could make an application for a specific issue order to get some arrangements in place.

All the best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Last Edit: by Mojo.
  • Page: