• Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Am I right or not?

Am I right or not? 1 year 1 month ago #98086

  • Jmax
  • Jmax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 50
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi all,

I was just looking for some advice about an issue..

After over a year of fighting I've finally managed to meet my son's childminder, after a few visits I asked if it would be ok if I picked him up at 4 instead of 4.30 when I can as I sometimes can leave early. The childminder was fine with this.

Unfortunately my ex was not 'as the order says 3 hours' she wants me to bring him back earlier. I have throughout been accomodating doing collections and drops of in the week 30 minutes each way, and changing the weekend time because it suited her

She has been calling the police and says I'm in breach where in reality I'm just trying to maximize my time that has no I'll effects for her.

Should I

A) just give up collect him at 4.30 and wait if I'm early
B) do nothing collect when I want and see what she does
C) go back to court specific issue order or for an amendment
D) fully revert to original order ask her to collect and change the weekend time

I appreciate it's not a lot of time and can't see her problem apart from she is trying to control everything

Thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Am I right or not? 1 year 1 month ago #98088

  • Mojo
  • Mojo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 8561
  • Thank you received: 1815
Hi there

Might it be worth writing her a letter to point out that courts would expect some flexibility and for parents to work together when changes are appropriate. Explain that you have always tried to be accommodating and that you have previously agreed to changes to the original order to her benefit, and this should work both ways.

Further explain that you have taken advice and if she can’t work with you on this, you feel that you have no choice but to initiate mediation, and if that failed, to make a fresh application to court to ask for an increased schedule of contact.

You would need to attempt mediation before you can make another application.

All the best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

  • Page:
  • 1