• Page:

TOPIC: need help

need help 6 months 3 weeks ago #98493

Was just wondering if my ex starts working who receives child maintaince from me will she get less as shes working? or does it not make a difference. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

need help 6 months 3 weeks ago #98498

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Sorry to say, it makes absolutely no difference, if she moves in with a millionaire, it would make no difference! You have a financial responsibility to your child, at least until they reach the age of 16, or 20 if they remain in full time, non advanced education.

If you pay into a pension, that will reduce the amount you pay, or if your child stays with you an increased number of nights each week. You could also claim some of the travel costs if you travel some distance for contact.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Last Edit: by Mojo.

need help 6 months 3 weeks ago #98540

mojo, so when child grows up, then starts uni, does a parent still have to pay maintenance?

need help 6 months 3 weeks ago #98550

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Uni is counted as advanced education and payments should stop once a child starts Uni. College and women approved apprenticeships are considered as non advanced and payments would have to continue in that case.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page: