• Page:

TOPIC: Need legal resources!

Need legal resources! 3 months 6 days ago #98915

I won custody of my son 6 years ago and it cost me every penny I had to do it. Now - years later - a guardian ad litem who was assigned to our case has garnished my wages for an additional $9,000. This is a woman that never met me or my child throughout the entire trial. All she did was met with my ex-wife and tried to get my son away from me. I wouldn't even be so worried if they weren't garnishing me for 25% of my wages. They're only supposed to be able to take 10%, but they tricked me. By the time I even found d out about the garnishment, it was past the deadline to register as Head of Household to keep them from taking 25%. I need help! I have an 8yr-old boy who depends on me and I don't
make a lot of money. With how much they're taking, it takes one entire paycheck just to pay my rent and I'm not left with enough to pay Bill's. I need to know if there's any organization that might help me legally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need legal resources! 3 months 6 days ago #98920

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1763
Hi there

I think your in the US, am I right? Unfortunately we are UK based and just don’t have the knowledge of US law or any charities or other organisations that might be able to help you... really sorry Mightyspear and best of luck.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Need legal resources! 3 months 5 days ago #98935

mighty, you can try www.justanswer.com/

or just google local family law/child custody lawyers, and try book an appointment. they may give you some free advice.

• Page: