• Page:

TOPIC: Always Wanted A Daughter But Never Had One

Always Wanted A Daughter But Never Had One 2 weeks 3 days ago #99875

Hello everyone.I am the father of 2 boys whom I love with all my heart.However,I have always wanted to have a little girl of my own.Sometimes I feel like my desire to have a daughter is eating me alive. Don't get me wrong,my boys mean everything to me. It's just like I feel like I have a hole in my heart that I will probably never fill.I am divorced and single and my ex has remarried. Along with that marriage,my children now have step brothers and sisters and I have actually built a relationship with one of my children's stepsisters. They let her come home with me and stay the weekend,go places with me etc.Even though I treat her like my own,she can never be mine.Im sure this all sounds ridiculous. But I feel like I have longed for that "daddy's little girl" moment. Where I would have my own little princess to love and protect. I would love to hear from everyone out there. Have any of you ever had this type of feeling? Any comments or advice is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Always Wanted A Daughter But Never Had One 2 weeks 2 days ago #99887

Hi,

I am the exact opposite. I have 3 little girls. I thought it would be nice to have a baby boy, but it wasnt meant to be. oh well. If I were you, I would be just grateful for having any children. there are couples out there who can not even have children due to medical reasons and are desperate.

Always Wanted A Daughter But Never Had One 2 weeks 1 day ago #99900

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1736
... you have two little princes instead! If your feelings are overwhelming it might be a good idea to speak to someone about it.... it could be that what your experiencing might be caused by some unresolved issues from your past... I’m no expert, but I do know that buried emotions can cause us problems.

All the best

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page: