TOPIC: Was expecting payments to stop September

Was expecting payments to stop September 1 week 4 days ago #100505

• dadks
  • dadks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi was after advice.
Have a daughter that turned 18 earlier this year and has finished and passed her course.
Was expecting my payments to stop in September at the end of the school year but her mother has got her to enroll back in college for another year to do another full time course.
With out going into to much detail the mother has lied to CMS about my daughter staying with me at weekends over the last 15 years to increase her payments because we haven’t got anything in writing. CMS were completely unhelpful at the time and to just keep the peace I have been paying higher payments.
Now that my daughter is 18 I was going to use the money I use to give her mother for a car and lessons and cut all ties with her mother.
Because it she has finished her exams and is doing the extra year do I need to still pay the mother?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was expecting payments to stop September 1 week 4 days ago #100512

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1763
Hi there

If it’s a non advanced course, (such as college) and she attends full time (over 12hours a week) then it would mean that you are still liable to make payments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page: