• Page:

TOPIC: Grown step children

Grown step children 2 weeks 7 hours ago #101509

• JCguy
  • JCguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Now this is not a post of a grown step child causing problems in my marriage. My step child is great. My only issue is that I would like to have a closer relationship with this child. Whenever this child leaves the house and my wife and I are sitting on the couch the child says bye and my wife says bye and love you and the child says the same but, when I offer the same message the child says nothing. I know I am not her father but I have known this child for over 10 years now. The child only gives me one word answers and never really has any kind of conversation with me. My wife says that's just how she is but, she is not like that with her. I don't expect a the child to come hug me or want to go places with me without my wife but, I am starting to feel as though the relation I would like to have with may never happen. Am I expecting too much here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Grown step children 1 week 4 days ago #101563

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1654
Do you ever all go out together? That might be worth a try. However, I'm assuming that she's now an older teenager, so she may well prefer talking to women, rather than men.

Grown step children 1 week 1 day ago #101613

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 433
I wouldn't read too much in to it. Teenagers are funny creatures. As actd says - maybe try to instigate some family time activities?

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.
  • Page: