TOPIC: Child arrangements order

Child arrangements order 1 week 6 days ago #101523

• Devo
  • Devo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Men.
Has anyone had a child arrangements order hearing at Court? Just need some advice please, what to do and say etc... Thanks guys..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Child arrangements order 1 week 6 days ago #101524

hi,

i was in court few months ago.

first thing is your position statement. Telling court what your situation is with your children, and what do you want the court to do about it. Do 2 sides of A4 max:

childlawadvice.org.uk/information-pages/...-position-statement/

keep it child-focused and try your best to avoid bashing the ex.

first hearing is quite basic. court wants to know what the issues are. in my case was ex denying overnight stays with kids. you will probably see a social worker (cafcass) hanging around. make sure you speak to him/her. they will try to reach agreement with your ex. but its probably unlikely. cafcass or your ex side might ask for fact finding hearing. Try your best to avoid that, as it will just mean more delays, and you having to possibly wait even longer to see your kids. i was able to avoid. and instead cafcass did Section 7 report, in time for 2nd hearing.

plenty of info here on whole process: childlawadvice.org.uk/information-pages/...in-the-family-court/

i had barrister so was easier for me. am sure other dads on here who have gone it alone can advise you better. i hope it goes well for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Devo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: