• Page:

TOPIC: Hi new and glad I found this forum.

Hi new and glad I found this forum. 1 week 6 days ago #102117

Nothing is forumualic apart from cms . Court go on needs and above that they apply the “sharing pricinple “ ie what the owner of the lions share has left after needs of all taken into account they take more of what’s left lol
Needs are what they deem to be “generously interpreted “
If you went to court for distribution of assets all depend on the judge on the day .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi new and glad I found this forum. 1 week 6 days ago #102131

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 439
At the very least, protect the joint account as others have said.

It's worth speaking to a lawyer - many offer free consultations to get you started, even if you don't intend to continue with a lawyer.

Best of luck

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Hi new and glad I found this forum. 1 week 6 days ago #102142

Thanks again guys for the replys....needhelp83 good to hear from a mum's point of view. We both want this and her guilt passed a while ago. But you are right we need to talk...this not talking about feeling is what got us in this mess in the first place and I am trying to keep up the act of a loving home for the kids but it is just an act...love them to bits it's just there mum I don't love anymore..I like the way you finish that....your love for the children wont change if your together or not.

And citydad...I wouldn't be able to afford taking her to court.

And yoda my wise friend lol I will try to suggest this to her in a way she won't hit the roof. Or can I contact the bank on this matter without her knowing?? I spoke to a solicitor about the family home when she told me she would leave and I could stay in the house but she wanted to remain on the deeds. I see a few have a free 30min service so I'll keep that for if I need that. Thanks again guys
The following user(s) said Thank You: needhelp83

Hi new and glad I found this forum. 1 week 5 days ago #102170

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 439
No worries.

You can probably approach the bank yourself and find out what the options are regarding the joint account and then speak to her?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack nic

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.
  • Page: