• Page:

TOPIC: Where's good for publishing dad-themed poetry recordings?

Where's good for publishing dad-themed poetry recordings? 4 weeks 2 days ago #103908

Hi,

I'm looking for some pointers on appropriate dad/parent based websites and blogs to share something I've made.

About 5 years ago I wrote a book of poems about becoming a father. Recently a couple of friends collaborated with me to make some recordings of a couple of the poems with ambient soundscapes. We are hitting up literary websites to promote the tracks, and given the theme of the poems, it would be great to get some dad sites, forums, and fb groups on board too.

I looked around this website, but from what I can see it wouldn't be in their house style to publish this kind of thing (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm being careful not to say too much, as from what I remember when I was promoting the book back along, self-promotion isn't within the remit of this forum. So, this is just a post asking for some pointers in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Where's good for publishing dad-themed poetry recordings? 4 weeks 1 day ago #103937

Don’t know how to help with your prose,
Someone else might I suppose,
You are on the wrong site,
At poems we are shite.

Where's good for publishing dad-themed poetry recordings? 4 weeks 1 day ago #103938

Come back again,
If you feel the pain,
Of the ex in court,
Or Child Support.

I’m going to stop now!!

Where's good for publishing dad-themed poetry recordings? 3 weeks 4 days ago #104038

Haha. Nice effort.

• Page: