• Page:

TOPIC: Separated families should stay in contact - Michael Gove

Separated families should stay in contact - Michael Gove 1 week 4 days ago #105043

• Ldad
  • Ldad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi
Please see video from Michael Gove this morning

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Ldad.

Separated families should stay in contact - Michael Gove 1 week 4 days ago #105045

Michael Gove U-turns after saying children of divorce ‘must stay in home they are currently in’

Michael Gove has added confusion to the already mixed messages the public are receiving over lockdown measures by giving differing advice to separated and divorced families today. Speaking to ITV this morning, he said children in families that are separated must now stay in whatever home they are currently living in.

The senior minister said it will be ‘incredibly difficult’ but that if a child has divorced parents who live in separate homes they will now only be able to live with one parent while the lockdown is in place.

Just a few minutes after his appearance, he took to Twitter to say his message ‘wasn’t clear enough’ and that in fact, children under 18 can move between separated parents.

His later tweet read: ‘I wasn’t clear enough earlier, apologies. To confirm – while children should not normally be moving between households, we recognise that this may be necessary when children who are under 18 move between separated parents. ‘This is permissible and has been made clear in the guidance.’ He confirmed this in a later interview with the BBC, telling hosts: ‘I wasn’t sufficiently clear earlier, children under the age of 18 can see both parents.’

Read more: metro.co.uk/2020/03/24/children-divorce-...2446391/?ito=cbshare

Separated families should stay in contact - Michael Gove 1 week 4 days ago #105046

• Ldad
  • Ldad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks, clearly my video of him clarifying is not uploading!

• Page: