• Page:

TOPIC: Daughter Left with Mums Boyfriend.

Daughter Left with Mums Boyfriend. 1 week 6 days ago #106541

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, going to delete wall of text and get right to points:

1) Is it reasonable for a mum to leave your and her young child with their boyfriend? This was agreed it wouldn;t happen during breakup phase, but now she has changed and trusts her boyfriend (who she split from end of last year, siting him lying as one of the reasons) who she has been back with 2 months.

2 If the mum has stressful/demanding job, and everything else is equal, is there a good chance of getting 50/50 custody in the UK these days. Whenever I chat to other people there seems to be the implication I'm lucky to have my daughter roughly 35% on the time and not just every other weekend. ALso not to go for more as it may rock the boat and cause her to stop access altogether, ending up some drawn out legal battle for 6 months plus. I'm happy to pay whatever it takes, its more the losing access that concerns me.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by telly123.

Daughter Left with Mums Boyfriend. 1 week 6 days ago #106544

Hi,

you have more right to your child than her boyfriend. are you seeing your child at the moment and how often?

from what i heard and read, 50/50 is difficult to achieve. i have settled for fri-mon and mon-tue every other week, and shared school holidays.

Daughter Left with Mums Boyfriend. 1 week 6 days ago #106546

my concern is child abuse, although unlikely it was agreed previously our child wouldn;t be left with people outside of close family/teachers. Not so much that I suspect her boyfriend is likely to abuse, more that it opens up risk as you never know someone 100%

I see her several times a week already.

Daughter Left with Mums Boyfriend. 1 week 6 days ago #106548

Don't quote it in "BF vs me" terms.

> my concern is child abuse, although unlikely it was agreed previously our child wouldn;t be left with people outside of close family/teachers. Not so much that I suspect her boyfriend is likely to abuse, more that it opens up risk as you never know someone 100%

This is going to look 100% unreasonable to a judge. It's a not line I would take.

Yes, you can have 50/50 if you demonstrate it works (e.g. you're close to each other, to the school, etc...). I would aim for that and go for "live with both" order. But do it with the right arguments/reasons, not this jealousy of a BF or paranoia stuff.... that's going to undermine your case. Forget about those arguments until you have something concrete.

(I'm being a little harsh, just giving a little bit of a taste of how courts/SWs would see it).

Last Edit: by flyingember.

Daughter Left with Mums Boyfriend. 1 week 2 days ago #106610

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1717
I agree, unless you have any suspicions, and if the relationship is stable, then I really wouldn't argue on this basis.

• Page: