• Page:

TOPIC: Positive message to all dads

Positive message to all dads 2 years 1 month ago #83891

Id just like to spread some positivity to all the dads out there fighting for their children. I know that it is wearing to ones self esteem when the person that was once the yin to your yang is now telling you that you are useless and controlling your access to something (someone) that you both shared as equal, with equal love and equal passion.

All we want to do is protect our children, watch them thrive and be healthy. There is nothing better than a childs love as it is a none negotiable clause in the agreement of parenthood, unconditional love, warts and all.

If you are fighting for your child you absolutely deserve to be a positive role in their lives. At the end of the day we jump through these hoops that the system sets up so that in the end we can do what is right. You CAN do it and will do it for just that reason. When morale is low and the system sucks all of that energy out of you, Don't give up, they wont come to find you when they hit 16. The onus is on you.

Personally I have been on a path and have turned to natural therapies such as yoga, meditation, hypnotherapy to keep me calm, it so works to do some yoga breaths when in tense situations. Aside from that a good book, (Coparenting with a toxic ex for those that this applies to) and this website has seen a huge improvement to my strength in coping throughout the process. Don't know what I would have done without this place, It brings me hope.

To repair and build new foundations, firstly we must break down the old stale walls. One step back to take 2 steps forward and all that Jazz. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: actd, Jonathan1122, ChainMail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Positive message to all dads 2 years 1 month ago #83918

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1585
Thanks FTD, it's always encouraging to other dads, especially those just starting out on a separation process, to know there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Positive message to all dads 1 year 2 months ago #90954

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I and my son went through an awful time, but because of my persistence and my involvement in my son, we are as closer than ever. Its what you put into your children that makes the difference and you will get that love back in abundance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: actd

Positive message to all dads 10 months 4 weeks ago #93206

Im gladd i sore this i and struggling badly with a every stong dv allegations against me when i havent done nothin wrong

Positive message to all dads 10 months 3 weeks ago #93251

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1717
Try not to worry too much about what might happen, just concentrate on what you need to do as the next step, making your cas all about your child and what is best for them.

Stay strong mate.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Positive message to all dads 10 months 1 week ago #93621

Light at the end of the tunnel? Do you mean Cafass and the judge might make a mistake and allow you to see your children even though you have done nothing wrong? Good to know.

Positive message to all dads 10 months 6 days ago #93641

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1717
I'm sorry you feel let down by the system, it isn't perfect, but we have many members that have had much success, as the OP posted about.

We prefer to encourage and be positive in our approach to our members, a negative attitude is no help to anyone, especially those going through the process.

If you'd like to talk about the issues you've had, please do post in the appropriate section and we will do our best to advise and support you.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Last Edit: by Mojo.
  • Page: