• Page:

TOPIC: Shared care

Shared care 1 week 1 day ago #100563

All

A really open question and I welcome any replies

Why shouldn’t I apply to court for equal shared care of my two children aged 6 and 4?

I currently have an average of 3 nights in 7 but it’s clear that the kids want more time with me so equal would be the only way to give them this.

Thanks
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Harry Potter.

Shared care 1 week 22 hours ago #100572

hi Harry,

as your already getting 3 nights out of 7, sounds like you stand a good chance of getting 50/50 care. but are you able to do any school runs? are you on reasonable terms with ex, do you have direct contact with eachother?

Shared care 2 days 12 hours ago #100635

Hi Bill

I take them to school on the mornings after they’ve stayed overnight with me. I have the flexibility at work to do more and my partner works part time too.

Reasonable terms with ex, would be easier if she wasn’t lying to the CMS but I’ve got that in hand. Could be so much easier than it currently is but we’re only approaching 12 months of being in separate homes.

Direct contact is regular as I pick them up from her on the nights I have them as she works school hours and collects them from school, though I’d prefer to use after school clubs and avoid that at some future point.

I also have the same 3/7 in school hols even though ex works term time only.

Is there a risk i could get less than I have now? Ex has already confirmed to my solicitor that the current arrangements are working well so be hard for her to claim that it isn’t

Thanks
Mark

• Page: